Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing Jabber Windows LDAP Integration

EYC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I am trying to do the opposite that most people do. I notice that Jabber Windows auto integrates with the Windows PC AD login, is there any way to remove that default integration with Windows AD? It is churning out wrong caller ID due to the AD LDAP object instead of the actual caller ID from the CUCM. I tried using UCD in the jabber XML file and in the CUP server I did not define any LDAP integration.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

EYC
Level 1
Level 1

BTW, My CUCM is not integrated with LDAP. and the end user database is manual work.

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please review the UDS directory configuration in the 9.2.x docs. UDS support was removed in 9.6 but will return in9.7

Jabber for Windows supports 2 types of integration for Contact Search:

-EDI (Enhanced Directory Integration) - Defaullt mode, in this mode, JFW performs a direct LDAP search to LDAP server in order to perform Contact lookup

-UDS (User Data Service) - Jabber client access  CUCM Database for Contact Lookup. This doesnt work in all the clients.

In order to change form EDI to UDS perform the following:

Edit jabber-config.xml and change EDI for UDS.

UDS

Please check which Jabber version you are using as UDS is removed in later release.

More information here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_CEF0C471_00_cucm-features-services-guide-90_chapter_0101111.html

Similar Post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2145090

I already have the UDS line in the jabber XML file. So what happens is that the Jabber automatically integrates with the Windows Domain Log in and there is no way I can find to disable this. I shall wait for 9.7 to come out and see how it goes.

Done that. Does not work as usual, but I tried Jabber 9.2 for Windows, there is no such feature to integrate with LDAP hence the correct user name is shown. Hope that 9.7 we can have the option to do disable that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: