cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT and IM&P 10.0.1

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Enabled detailed tracing in IM&P Serviceability.

I open RTMT and point it to my IM&P Server.  Then I go to RTMT > Collect Traces and I don't see a selection for those logs?  I want to see the SIP and XMPP messages being logged.  Troubleshooting a problem with Partitioned Intradomain Federation where the MOC user is not seeing the Jabber user presence information.

2 Replies 2

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i did a quick lab recreate with the install and screen 3 of the collect file section has the section for the traces that you are looking for;

Alternatively you can use the file list command to view the sip proxy log files; here is the command;

file list activelog /epas/trace/esp/sdi/*

file get activelog /epas/trace/esp/sdi/*          // this command can be used to fetch the file all you will need is a SFTP server to fetch the file.

file list activelog /epas/trace/esp/sdi/* detail     //gives you the time stamp of the file as well.

Please rate if this helps.

I added a video showing the Collect Traces with IMP failing.  Upon startup of RTMT I entered the IMP Publisher Node IP address.  I was able to use SSH/CLI to collect traces.  Is there a bug id for this?

http://youtu.be/dgdsAsaK2_M

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: