Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Screen name in Jabber for Windows

Hello,

at an customer I integrated Jabber 9.2 to an Estos LDAP. The problem now is that at the screen of the jabber client I do not see username or E-Mail address of the User but I see the login name with the domain. For example Loginname@domain.de.

How can I change this?

thanks Achim

3 REPLIES

Jabber reads nickname from LDAP. If not able to do so, it will display loginid@domain.

You can check connection with LDAP via Help > Show connection status, section "Directory".

You may need to configure/re-configure you jabber-config.xml file in reguards to the directory setup section.

VIP Super Bronze

Bob is correct, by default the Nickname displays in the contact list and is mapped to mailAlias. Use the jabber-config.xml tool to generate a correct LDAP config.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0101.html#JABW_RF_C212F571_00

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content