Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selection of Deskphone - very unhappy description

Hi

Is it possible to change the view of the deskphone selection?

It's very unhappy when the enduser must know which type of phone he has. And we have a lot people with 2 working places with the same phone type. So it's always a luck to select the right one.

At the moment I have not a much better idea for that, but the name of the phone is better then the type I think. Maybe it would be possible to place a own description next to the phone name, for an easier selection.

please have a look on it

thx Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

This is a known issue.

CSCua55284 : Select a Deskphone, can't differentiate between phones of same type

It will be fixed in MR3 (9.0.4). The fix is to append the device description (configurable on CCM) after the model in the switch phone mode drop-down.

Thanks,

Maqsood

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

This is a known issue.

CSCua55284 : Select a Deskphone, can't differentiate between phones of same type

It will be fixed in MR3 (9.0.4). The fix is to append the device description (configurable on CCM) after the model in the switch phone mode drop-down.

Thanks,

Maqsood

When will 9.0.4 be released ?

9.0.4 is expected to be out in about a months time.

michaelfine77
Level 1
Level 1

Maqsood,

We just installed Jabber for Windows 9.0.4 and it does not appear that appended descriptions are available in this new revision. Is there an update on when this feature or bug will be addressed?

Thanks

Michael

This feature is working in 9.0.4 for me. 

Are you actually getting a description or the product type? I only get the product type, so if we have a user with Extension Mobility or two like phones, trying to figure out which product type to use IE Cisco 7962 is a crap shoot.

Thanks

I see the both the phone model info and also the description, exactly as it is typed in callmanager.   I am familiar with the behavior you describe (not being able to figure out which device is which) but I no longer have that issue with 9.0.4.

I'm not sure why you aren't seeing that info.  I assume somewhere something is using AXL to obtain the description info, perhaps you could verify that service is running.

I checked and AXl service is running. I also verified that the AXL service is working as I changed licensing back and forth on a user in Call Manager and it made the change on the user in CUPS. We had Jabber for Windows version 9.0.1 on our machines prior to 9.0.4. I wonder if that could be the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: