cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP configuration error

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone gotten this error in Jabber Guest yet?  I've triple checked my config and can't see what the problem is.  When I click the call button I immediately get this error:

The link resulted in a server error.

Category: 9 (SIP_CONFIGURATION_ERROR)
Code: 0

THanks,  Mike
3 Replies 3

Mark Turpin
Level 5
Level 5

Mike,

I'm sure you've seen this doc, but it is worth checking out if you have not. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-guest/118592-technote-jabber-00.html

Next, have you reviewed your chip.log on the test PC?

This smells like a possible TURN problem and the chip.log will be really helpful.

--
-Mark Turpin

Hi Mark.  Thanks for the reply.  I have seen that doc.  The issue turned out to be how the "Default caller SIP alias" is entered under the Links menu.  Poor user interface here on Cisco's part.  When I read "sip alias", I think user@hostname.  But Jabber Guest is only looking for the user portion.  Entering the full alias caused all calls to fail.  In my opinion they should re-word the title of the field and provide some sort of validation to throw an error if the full uri is entered.

Ah yes, been bit by that one too. Glad to hear you found it!

If you have access, check out the June 24th 2015 Jabber Guest presentation on PEC. It was very helpful for me.

--
-Mark Turpin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: