Views
Helpful
Replies

Smartphone clients can't log in

Geordie Guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

We have a healthy rollout of Jabber now with users on their desktops chatting away but mobile clients cant' connect.  On Android users get "certificate is unacceptable" unless they check "Accept all SSL certificates" and then they receive "Invalid Login".  iPhones complain they can't connect to the server.  Is there something that has to be done on the CUPS box to enable mobile clients?

- Geordie

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, even if you do not configure the CSF devices for them, just enabling them for CUPS/IM&P should be enough.

Do their credentials work on the IM&P/CUPS user page??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Their credentials work fine in Jabber for Windows on their desktop, just not in the smartphone app, so their credentials are correct but something else is preventing login.

as Jaime says, can you connect to  https://:8443/cupuser  from your IPAD or from you smart phone, this way at least you can verify your credentials.

I wouldnt worry too much about the cert error at this stage, it just means that the CUPS cert is not part of your smart phone's PKI, unless you pre-install the CUPS server's CA (assuming the CUPS cert is NOT self signed), on your smart phone it will throw up this error; ssl is designed to do so.

Also you might want to attach the Jabber clients error logs to this discussion

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

Yes I'm able to log in using a browser from my phone.

get us the client logs,

Sure, where are they?

if you can successfully authenticate via CUCM/CUPS user page then the issue is not with your credentials. Can you please post your CSF configs (let's start with iPhone)?

On Jabber for Iphone, go to Settings > Troubleshooting > Problem > Email Problem Report. Email it to yourself and post it here.

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Logs for an Android device are at https://eap-prt-1.cisco.com/logfiles/JabberIM_20130927_104125

I can hunt down someone with an iPhone in a bit, there's only a handful of iPhone users here and none are currently about.

What appears to be the drama is

Error, cannot get XmppLoginInfo because we have no session key.

It then goes on to declare the username and password wrong, but I think by that point the above error means it doesn't know either way.

Any update on this issue? 

Thanks,

Amir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: