Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Softphone feature for Cisco Jabber Client

Hello everyone,

I have a CUCM cluster v.8.6.2 and a CUPS v.8.6.4. I've installed my full CUWL licenses as well as my CUP Licenses AND the Jabber for Everyone COP file. I've managed to install Jabber on Mac and on Windows and have all the features such as Chat, Desktop phone integration and Visual Voicemail with Cisco Unity Connection working as well. The only feature I'm having a huge hassle getting to work is the Softphone feature. I've tried adding a CUPC device with the user (btw everything is integrated and uses LDAP for authentication) as the digest account for it as well as the Owner ID. I've tried adding a CSF device as well (I remember reading it somewhere) but the Jabber client never discovers a Softphone device and all of the options on the client are grayed out for me to put in the device settings. I thought I saw it once looking for a device name CSFACILLI (ACILLI being my username) in the System Diagnostics for the Jabber for Mac client but now it just shows:

Soft Phone Server

Server Address:           cucm02.mycompany.net

Server Port:                     2748

Server Protocol:           --

Device:                               --

Line ID:                               --

Any help or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Tony

12 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi Tony

It's not so difficult.

1) Add a CUCSF device

2) Associate it to the end user on the end user page

3) Ensure that in CUP admin (Application/Jabber/Settings) that you have configured the TFTP address of your CUCM

4) Ensure that you have TFTP accessible on CUCM from your PC/MAC - test doing a TFTP download manuallly if not sure

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Re: Softphone feature for Cisco Jabber Client

Added the CUCSF device, named is CSFACILLI

Went to end user page and associate the device with my username.

Double checked the TFTP address of my CUCM in Application > Jabber > Settings. Actually have three in there.

TFTP is accessible from my Mac, just TFTP'd the ringer file from my CUCM to verify.

Closed down Jabber for Mac, reopened it, tried to switch to Softphone mode from Deskphone mode.

No Cigar. Same error. Incorrect Server or Device Name.

Cisco Employee

And have you configured the credentials for the voice integration on the actual jabber client??

Make sure you have associated all the necessary profiles to the users on CUPS.

Other than that, it's usually a config error about device/line/user association or user on CUCM not with the right user groups.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

The credentials are setup to automatically pull from LDAP. Which profiles are necessary for the Softphone portion? I've assigned profiles for voice gateway, directory, and voicemail. I'm wondering if it's the CCMCIP Profile that needs to be configured? Thanks.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Super Bronze

'Incorrect server or device name' sounds like it can't find a server to me - are all your servers resolvable via DNS with the names/domains you see on the server CLI? Including all the CUPS and CUCM servers?

Perhaps take a look at the logs or upload a problem report here (use Help/Report a Problem to generate a log zip you can post here).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Here's the bit I found interesting from the reporting function:

-- 2012-07-25 08:31:01.000 DEBUG [0xacab02c0] -  CCUCMClient::downloadConfig -- begin:

-- 2012-07-25 08:31:01.000 DEBUG [0xacab02c0] -  CCUCMClient::getCnfFile -- begin: , strDeviceName.c_str()=CSFacill, bHttp=FALSE

-- 2012-07-25 08:31:01.000 DEBUG [0xacab02c0] -  CTFTPClient::Get -- begin: , remotefile=CTLFile.tlv, host=cucm02.mycompany.net, bIsAsyMode=TRUE, port=69

-- 2012-07-25 08:31:01.000 DEBUG [0xb038d000] -  TFTP_Error Select error

-- 2012-07-25 08:31:01.000 DEBUG [0xb038d000] -  TFTP_Error Can't get packet, retrycount=3

-- 2012-07-25 08:31:01.000 DEBUG [0xb038d000] -   CTFTPClient::ContinueGet -- end!

-- 2012-07-25 08:31:01.000 DEBUG [0xacab02c0] -  CTFTPClient::Get -- end!

-- 2012-07-25 08:31:01.000 DEBUG [0xb038d000] -  CTFTPClient::ReceiveData -- end!

-- 2012-07-25 08:31:01.000 DEBUG [0xacab02c0] -  CCUCMClient::getCnfFile -- end!

-- 2012-07-25 08:31:01.000 DEBUG [0xacab02c0] -  CCUCMClient::downloadConfig -- end!

-- 2012-07-25 08:31:01.000 DEBUG [0xacab02c0] -  CPhone::setPhoneMode -- end!

-- 2012-07-25 08:31:01.000 DEBUG [0xb030b000] -  CTFTPClient::ReceiveData -- begin: , nCookie=5, bIsAsyMode=TRUE

It looks like it's trying to get CTLFile.tlv from my TFTP servers (which are my subscribers). I went under TFTP File Management under OS Administration on the Subscribers and no such file exists. Is this something I have to download from Cisco? It does look like it's trying for the correct device, just can't get the Configuration File it needs... Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Tony

Cisco Employee

If you haven't, yes, you do need a CCMCIP profile as explained in the configuration guide

Create a CCMCIP profile

Cisco Jabber for Windows requires a CCMCIP  profile to retrieve device names and settings from Cisco Unified  Communications Manager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_010.html#task_361F8BC7D98E49C89AA3DF3F611471CB

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

What about Cisco Jabber for Mac? Does that require a CCMCIP profile? Also, the link you posted does not work for me. I get the infamous Forbidden File or Application page.

Super Bronze

Hi Tony

The CTL file doesn't matter unless you have your cluster set up for security (encrypted calls etc) - you'd probably know if this was the case.

Have you configured the CCMCIP servers under the Jabber menu in CUPS as Java suggested?

Aaron

Thanks for all the help everyone. I ended up installing the Jabber client for WIndows, logged into it and everything worked perfectly fine so I was able to isolate the problem to my Mac. Come to find out, my firewall settings were set to block all incoming connections except for necessary services such as DHCP, etc. I lowered my firewall settings down and everything began working fine! Thanks for all of your help!

Tony

Thanks Tony.  That was helpful!

Thank you Tony,I was facing

Thank you Tony,

I was facing the same issue and it got resolved by adding jabber into firewall exception.

Views
Helpful
Replies