Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Cisco Employee

Softphone Registration Error - Jabber 9.2.5 with CUCM/CUPS 8.6

All,

I'm having trouble getting my softphone feature inside Jabber 9.2.5 to work with my CUCM/CUPS 8.6 deployment.  I have the CCMIP profile setup and user associations in place.  The show connection status indicates a status of Not Connected with an error of "Connection error.  Ensure the server information in the Phone Services tab on the Options window is correct.  Contact you system administrator for assistance.   The CCMCIP address is correct. 

Any ideas?

I verified the service is running in CUCM.  The Jabber client appears to never have attempted to register to CUCM.  Status of the endpoint in CUCM is unknown, unknown.

Thanks!

Jason                  

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Do you have the CSF device, all user/line/device associations, user has CTI roles, etc?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Cisco Employee

I have the CSF device and associations in place, although I plan to double check them later this afternoon.  I added the CTI role even though I didn't think it would be required since I wasn't shooting for deskphone control.  Still no luck.  I even tried switching the CCMCIP server to the FQDN of the Publisher instead of direct IP with not change.

Cisco Employee

Figured it out.  I found and error in my PRT that indicated that the client wasn't able to extract the CUCM device name from the TFTP file.  I pulled the config file down to my desktop with a GET and found that it was reporting the hostname of the system.  We have DNS, but can't resolve names not in FQDN format.  Changed the CUCM server name from hostname to IP which resolved the issue.

Cisco Employee

I am havign exact problem. I am having Jabber 9.2 integrated with CUCM9.1.1 (IM and P 9.1.1). The Credentials are authenticated when I sign on in Jabber. However, I do not see the Phone as registered in my CUCM. Can oyu please indicate step by step procedure to find out how client was not able to extract CUCM device name from TFTP file. Where exactly is that config file ?

Cisco Employee

Where exactly did you do this ?

"Changed the CUCM server name from hostname to IP which resolved the issue."

Cisco Employee

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  You can determine what CUCM server "name" the server is trying to use by doing a TFTP GET of the device config file from a workstation with access to the TFTP server. 

An example from a windows box is

tftp -i GET .cnf.xml

This will pull a copy of the device's config file to the pc.  You can then open it with any text editor and look for the CUCM name.  It is most likely the hostname of the subscriber in question.  If you can't resolve the name by itself (no fqdn) then the reg will fail.  At least it did in my case.

You can change the server name to IP by browsing to System > Server in CUCM.  Change the device in question name to the correct IP.

Alternatively you could correct the name resolution issue. 

HTH,

Jason

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content