cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed dial list

Daniel Gray
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to create a global speed dial list in Jabber?  Ideally, I would like to create a custom tab in Jabber and have the speed dials listed there.  If this is possible, what code would I have to put in the jabber-config.xml?

Thank you,

Danny

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All you would do in the XML file is provide a URL to whatever web server is going to serve up the HTML code.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0101.html#JABW_RF_CDF3DF99_00

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

Covered in the same document two pages farther down.

Chats and Calls from Custom Tabs

You can use protocol handlers to start chats and calls from custom embedded tabs.

Use the XMPP: or IM: protocol handler to start chats.

Use the TEL: protocol handler to start audio and video calls.

For more information, see the Protocol Handlers topic.

Related Information

Protocol Handlers

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All you would do in the XML file is provide a URL to whatever web server is going to serve up the HTML code.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0101.html#JABW_RF_CDF3DF99_00

I have done what you have mentioned; however, all I have is a list of names and numbers.  How do I make a hyperlink so when the user clicks on the name/number, Jabber will automatically dial the number?  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Danny

Covered in the same document two pages farther down.

Chats and Calls from Custom Tabs

You can use protocol handlers to start chats and calls from custom embedded tabs.

Use the XMPP: or IM: protocol handler to start chats.

Use the TEL: protocol handler to start audio and video calls.

For more information, see the Protocol Handlers topic.

Related Information

Protocol Handlers

I got it working now.

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: