cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSO password is not getting synchronized with Jabber password

chandru_bbc
Level 1
Level 1

User changed his SSO password and after that he tried to login to Jabber.Getting error as Cannot communicate the server.

Then user is forced to manually at every start up. How do I sync both SSO password and Jabber password?

5 Replies 5

are you using LDAP or something?

if you are using CUPS with HA, check their sync settings and also verify that CUPS is able to comunicate with CUCM

Using LDAP in my site.  Also under in LDAP system, enable LDAP server sync is checked already.

The LDAP is sync, ok... what about CUCM with CUPS?

Can you force it and make if that change something?

Rolando Valenzuela.

I am new to cisco,how do I check in CUCM with CUPS?

And if I forcebily sync does it impact any services?

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber use CUCM SSO for single sign-on. After getting the SSO info from CUCM Jabber contacts IDP Server for auth.

Check if you are able to get to the self-portal page of CUCM from the pc without a password (https://cucm_ip/ucmuser). This will verify if CUCM SSO setting are working ok

Since the password is changed, you might want to try deleting local cache folder 'unified communication' under location below.

%appdata%\cisco\Unified Communications

%localappdata%\cisco\Unified Communications

Note: Local cache deletion will remove all the IM history/call history and other 'local settings'. It does not impact contact list. Cache folder deleting is only to be used for troubleshooting purpose to isolate the issue.