Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to change the username on Jabber for windows

Hi,

I am trying to login to Jabber 4 windows with a new user so I "Reset Jabber" and entered the new username and click continue. It shows as "finding services" and then it pulls the old ID and prompts the password. I tried deleting the folders from AppData but no luck. I also tried changing the user on the home-uds-info.xml but still no luck. Please help on this.

11 Replies 11

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Are you logged in to Windows with the new user name?

If not, that's the reason. Because when Jabber is trying to find it's services, it takes the windows user name and tries to locate it in Cisco UDS. If it found the username in CUCM, it automatically put the username in the login window and asks you the password. And it won't let you to enter another username as long as it find the same username always in UDS after finding services again.

So if you're still logging in to Windows with the old account somehow, log in with new one.

Also, ensure that CUCM has already sync'ed from the Directory the new user name, go to "End Users" and verify it.

But this was never an issue earlier, we as an administrators, we used to log into to test account for testing, so it is something related to v10.5?

I don't know what version you came from, but if you're syncing your users from LDAP, and UDS contains a user named 'administrator' it'll definitely will try and force you to login with administrator. So, are you logging in with a domain administrator or a local administrator? Because I'm not 100% sure, if you're using the local administrator it'll let you do that, because it tries to resolve from UDS something like that: administrator@domain.com. Again, not 100% sure.

We upgraded recently from 9.1.2 to 10.5.2 and we started experiencing this recently. I am logged into as a Domain User with Super User privilege.

So, as said, as long as you're logged in with a domain user / admin, that is also appearing in CUCM after being sync'ed to there, it'll "force" you to log with this particular user.
I don't remember how it was in 9.1.2, long time I didn't used this version and Jabber over it, but I can tell that for sure that's how it working now, 10.x and above.
if you'll login with a regular user / domain user that isn't sync'ed to CUCM, it'll let you to write the full URI of the user and only then it'll prompt you the credentials from.

Hi!

My case is a bit different: I need to be able to dissociate the Jabber login from the Windows account. But every time I click on Reset Jabber and change the user name, as soon as hit the button to connect, the question if I want to reset Jabber pops and behind the popup, the user name has been reverted to the Windows login...

How do I stop that to happen?

I have the same issue. Every time I enter my username it changes it to my email address. It then tells me the username I didn't enter is incorrect. If I try to change it back to the correct username it asks me to reset jabber and the cycle starts again. Have tried reinstalling different versions, reset jabber 100 times, deleting all the jabber files under AppData. Have tried other usernames. Nothing works.

When installing Jabber for Windows, you can specify various bootstrap properties. I think you need to set "UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=false" (it is true by default), so that not only the Windows logged in user can use Jabber but any valid account.

Example:

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=false CLEAR=1

Source: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_5/DIG_OnPrem/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-cisco-jabber_125/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-cisco-jabber_125_chapter_010000.html#JABW_RF_A47E40C4_00

NB: The installation properties are saved in C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\jabber-bootstrap.properties

HTH

Steffen

That actually worked for me. Cisco support looked at this and had a fix of entering a different server IP but this is a better solution.

Hi Expert

Hello, I have a problem with the name change in the Jabber, what happens, I have an extension (attachment) that was changed name, the change was made in the line and everything is fine, call and you see your name updated to the other end where the call is received, but for example I have an end user that has its annex and jabber, when this user calls the user who has jabber installed on his laptop, his phone appears with the correct name but in his jabber the user appears previous that had that associated line, know that it may be happening, because it does not update the name in the Jabber,
Users are synchronized with Active Directory with WS 2008R2

CUCM 11.5,

CIMP 11.5

You should start a new thread but it is likely either local contact from local contact source such as outlook , cached data , or overlapping data in the directory source (multiple record with same DN)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: