Cisco Support Community

Using MCU5300 registered with VCS for Jabber clients ?

Anyone done the below before and can attest if it works and how well?  I've done SIP trunks between Jabber on CUCM to EX90s on VCS with no issues, but can't recall about using the MCU5300. 

The main objective is to allow Jabber clients (iPhones, iPads, MS-Windows 7/8, and Mac) to call into video conference calls hosted on the clustered Cisco TelePresence MCUs (MCU5300).

Client wants to leverage their existing Cisco TelePresence bridging platform to support all their video conference communications even when only two participants are to be on the call. Notice this project specifically addresses the Jabber clients only. Once implemented, this architecture will allow both video endpoints registered on Cisco Video Communication Server VCS (currently deployed on meeting/ board rooms and executives offices) and Jabber clients registered on the Presence Server CUPS to join into a multipoint video call and share full video capabilities.

Everyone's tags (3)

Using MCU5300 registered with VCS for Jabber clients ?

With the SIP trunk the CUCM clients will have the ability to dial into the MCU registered to the VCS, but I’m not sure what advanced features are available on the Jabber client in this scenario, such as ad-hoc conferencing capabilities, presentation sharing, presence, etc.

I'm thinking the MCU registered to VCS won't be of much help to Jabber Multipoint Video clients on CallManager.

CreatePlease to create content