Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Why is it so hard to delete chat history?

I have worked out to delete jabber chat history on my windows machine by deleting a particular file.  But I would suggest that having to delete a file directly just to get rid of your chat history is not really user friendly.  I am looking for a way to delete chat history from my Iphone 5 device.  There does'nt seem to be a way.  Why is it so hard....?  Something as simple as this should really be delivered or at least a work around made public.

Yours hopefully

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES

Hi Davinder Ahir

I have the same problem, is not that hard and we are planning to move most of the users to Jabber.

Can I know what path and file are you deleting? at least in windows you can create a schedule task for the deletion.

VIP Super Bronze

This is not a direct answer to your question but if you dislike chat history, you can disable it server-side:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_J6915A59_00_jabber-windows-server-setup_chapter_01.html#JABW_TK_EE750775_00

Note that this is merely a configuration setting the client is informed of at login. There is no way to enforce this if the client doesn't support it (i.e. Pidgin or third-party clients).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content