Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Jabber can't call specific numbers

slanouette
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am fairly new with Jabber software and all of it configurations, I am also not very knowledgeable about the whole VoIP setup and it is very overwhelming, there is so much information about this stuff, and it is complex.

Now, within out company we use cisco IP Phone 7942G and all computers have Jabber client install on Windows 7 enterprise.

For some reason which I have no clue why, some cellphone number will NOT dial out the windows jabber software, but will work by using the Cisco 7942 phone. When the phone will not connect and nothing is heard. Then after X amount of the time is click and closes the call.

Some of the staff have also reported that random number for teleconference will not work, not all of them some will work some will not, all you get is a hang-up tone, as soon as it connect to it. BUT on the Cisco 7942 G they work fine.

Aren’t they all going through the same software to connect calls!?

I will continue to check the forum and such, but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Shawn,

when you say jabber software, do you mean you are making a call from jabber, using the softphone (CSF device) or do you punch in the mobile number and have it dial via your desk phone?  (CTI control).   what about dialing say internal numbers from Jabber?

also can you dial anything from Jabber that is external?  Standard, International, Local?

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hello Mink,

The users are making call from their laptop, using the Jabber software, which is tied to their extension in the CUCM, and most of them have a physical desk phone, which is also connected to their extension.

When I use the Jabber software in Windows, my desk phone light goes red, indicating that I am in a call.

I think it goes through CTI control, since I punch the number I want to dial in the Jabber software, but then occupies the desk phone.

All internal number work fine so far, have not heard any complaint about it, the only thing is we use extensions, therefore everyone has the same number within our company, I have had some case that the Jabber on Windows displays the incorrect user calling (ex: that user is no longer working for us). But that a whole other issue.

Any Ideas?

Rejohn Cuares
Level 4
Level 4

by the looks of it, the Jabber for Windows in soft phone mode doesnt have proper dial-rules configured.

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Is there a guide I could grab to performed some sort of checklist for proper dial-rules?

slanouette
Level 1
Level 1

We finally found the problem and wanted to provide an update son this for anyone else having the same issues;

The problem was due to our internet service provider, in thier words;

The problem is that Jabber and Telepresence are video capable devices and they advertise that capability when they make a call. Your Telco supports only voice calls not video. So I override the capability at the T1 level to make all calls as voice only.

Is because not all the PSTN CO devices take in consideration this value, usually when you subscribe to T1 services with the Telco 99% of the time is voice only, there are only a few Telco that can provide video and you need to pay extra fees for those services.

If one of the devices in the path check the value (is called the bearer capability) and it sees the call says “video” but they only support “voice” they will reject the call. In reality it all depends in your Telco configuration and the final Telco.

All issue concerning this is not gone.

Hope this help!

I have the same issue too, can you post the lines of T1 to set as only voice calls ?

Regards.

I know this thread is old, but I recently had the same issue and resolved it a bit differently by disabling the Video Calling option in the Product Specific Configuration Layout section of the CSF device settings.

Hi Joe,

Disabling video calling worked for the same issue I had with Jabber.

Thank you! 

Disabling the Video Calling drop down box also fixed this for me (Product Specific Configuration Layout section)

For info, the Q931 debug was showing "Service/Option not available" and although you had only initiated the one call, it would actually initiate several calls at once, terminating on the remote end and taking up a new channel each time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: