Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

account@jabber.com call to h323 endpoint ??!!

is it possible to use account@jabber.com to call an h323 sx20 unit  using public ip address ?

i tried this but i got no video or audio on both sides !

but when i call from account@jabber.com to another account@jabber.com it is working with no issues ?

any suggestions

Thanks in advance

10 REPLIES

I'm surprised that it

I'm surprised that it connected at all as you would normally have to prefix the IP address, i.e. if the IP address is 123.45.67.8, you'd dial something like sx20@123.45.67.8 - note it does not matter what you prefix @ with - and also note SIP must be enabled on the end-point.

The reason for the prefix is to stop the SIP client from automatically adding its domain to the address, which is normal behavior.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Community Member

i used jabber@IP_address to

i used jabber@IP_address to call from jabber video to h323 end point.

i also used User@IP_address to call from jabber video to h323 end point.(user created in H323 tap of Sx20 unit)

and i used account@jabber.com to call from the h323 endpoint to the jabber video.

Just tried with an SX20 and a

Just tried with an SX20 and a 990MXP, could connect to both, but only when the end-points had SIP turned on. These are both stand-alone systems, neither registered to a H.323 gatekeeper or a SIP registrar. This is what I expected to see since JabberVideo is a SIP client, however, I thought this "free" service did support interworking these days, but maybe not.

As it appears you are actually able to connect, but do not get media, then I would look at what sits in between the system and your client; i.e. is it a firewall in the mix somewhere, static NAT etc. You might have to do trace to see what's going on.

/jens

Community Member

The sx20 in my scenario is

The sx20 in my scenario is actually registered to cucm using sip. Any possibility in this case. I forgot to mention that the call is dropping in 5 seconds
Cisco Employee

Hi hany20006,I suggest doing

Hi hany20006,

I suggest doing a SIP debug on both your SX20 and the Cisco Jabber client.  This could help you determine the issue.  Are you testing this call scenario from the same network?  If so, you might also be able to turn on logging on your firewall to inspect the IP address of your SX20 to identify whether or not your firewall is dropping packets or denying a particular port.

SX20 debug command needs to be run from CLI.  The logs to view will be within Application log folder.

"Log ctx sippacket debug 9"

I have attached instructions on how to run SIP debugs from your Cisco Jabber client.

Regards,
Jason

Community Member

i was actually testing from

i was actually testing from internet (no firewall )

then i did another test from inside the network and i got a video but the call is still doping after 5 seconds or so .

i will try to do a sip debug and update you.

Thanks

Community Member

this is the log file from my

this is the log file from my PC

Cisco Employee

Hi hany20006,We have not

Hi hany20006,

We have not tested this service with CUCM SIP yet.  I found the following error:

SIP/2.0 500 Server Internal Error
Call-ID: c5c05252106a78c2@192.168.100.50
CSeq: 101 INVITE
From: "my_account" <sip:my_account@jabber.com>;tag=96853f70467d6370
To: <sip:SX20@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>;tag=sip+1+fe4003d+98a0954a
Via: SIP/2.0/TLS 192.168.100.50:58494;received=90.148.188.107;rport=51265;branch=z9hG4bK25fd9324bf0edf1f4512fe04bd25affa.1
Content-Length: 0
Server: CISCO-SBC/2.x

This tells me your call is TLS.  This is the difference in your calling.  For TLS negotiated calls, you need to negotiate with the proper cert, which can be found here (these are the approved certs customers need to have a secure encrypted call to this service):

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/97931/trusted-public-root-cas-b2b-telepresence

Regards,
Jason

"The sx20 in my scenario is

"The sx20 in my scenario is actually registered to cucm using sip"

Would've been really helpful if you had provided that information at the beginning as in that case h.323 doesn't come into the picture at all. So, in fact, all I was doing was wasting my time.sad

/jens

Community Member

first , sorry for not

first , sorry for not mentioning that from the beginning .

what i did is configure the the SX20 in a way that it uses SIP for calls to another phones in the company (Local only) using Extension number only .

and The H323 is used to call  endpoints in the internet using the Public IP address (Direct Calls).

when i tested jabber i used the H323 with the public ip address to call .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content