Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Assertion Failure (v4.6 Build 17194) Mac v 10.8.4

After using JabberVideo without difficulty for months, I recently started getting critical errors causing the application to crash. Specifically, it says

Assertion Failure

GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_socket_address_get_family: assertion `G_IS_SOCKET_ADDRESS (address)' failed

aborting...

Attempts to uninstall and reinstall have been unsuccessful.  Tried updating 3ivx driver...no success.

Interestingly, this is only happening on my primary computer. My laptop (similar config) is working just fine.

Would appreciate any assistance on how to resolve this error.

Thanks

9 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas,

It looks like your plist file might be corrupted.  Please remove Jabber Video from your Application folder and delete the following plist file pertaining to Jabber Video: 

"com.cisco.JabberVideo.plist"

It's located in the following hidden path:

Macintosh HD\Users\Home\Library\Preferences

Reinstall Jabber Video and restes.

Hopefully that does the trick.

Jason

thanks so much for the timely reply

unfortunately, it still has the critical error

question, could the 3ivx driver update i did prevent your suggested fix from working?

also, any other ideas?

t

Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas,

The 3ivx could cause some issues, so it's worth a try to uninstall that.  I have a MAC Pro on 10.8.4 with no issues, but I also do not have 3ivx installed.

We are also investigating this error to see if there is anything else causing this, but please attempt this step and let me know.

Jason

removed 3ivx

reinstalled v4.6

same error

look forward to getting a solution

have a great day

t

Cisco Employee

HI Thomas,

This error is being looked into.  A response will be provided if s solution is found.  I will let you know if more detail is needed.

Regards,

Jason

Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas,

What service are you using?  Did you get this version of Jabber Video from www.ciscojabbervideo.com or is it the enterprise version you are using with your own infrastructure?

G_debug is special debugging which has to be enabled in order to see these asertion errors.  If this was enabled, then the Jabber Video software would most likely crash on many things that normally would not error on.

If your domain is something other than @jabber.com, then please reach out to TAC for further support.  If your domain is @jabber.com, then please remove the app and plist and redownload from the link above.

Regards,

Jason

thanks

will let you know how it goes

tom

HiIs there any solution ? 

Hi
Is there any solution ? 

I have same error while making a call on Jabber 11.1.2

Cisco Employee

Hi Akmal,

Hi Akmal,

This forum is not for the Jabber service you are inquiring about.  Please go here to post your issue:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5831/jabber-clients

Regards,
Jason

Views
Helpful
Replies