Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bug: Jabber asks to downgrade to older version

Hello Cisco,

Every time, when I log in with Free Jabber 4.7.4, Jabber opens window with title "Jabber video software update".

Contents of the window is: "Cisco Jabber Video for Telepresence version 4.6.3(17194) is available. Do you want to download it now?"

Of course, I don't want to downgrade to 4.6.3 because the image of internal camera of Lenovo laptop hangs with this software version.

Would it be possbile to configure the service this way that it would ask this question only when newer version is available and no to offer older buggy version every time somebody logs in?

Thank you in advance,

Marko Laurits

7 REPLIES

I am also facing this bug.I

I am also facing this bug.

I am using Jabber 4.8 in MAC OS X Mavericks and Windows 7 and getting this message :

"Cisco Jabber Video for Telepresence version 4.6.3(17194) is available. Do you want to download it now?"

Why this is happening ?

Thanks 

Thanks for adding to this

Thanks for adding to this thread...we need to bump this up. I'm going to email the Cisco Canada contacts regarding this and let you all know what happens.

We're starting to rely on public users being able to setup accounts properly and the Mac users are begin prompted to "upgrade" to nonfunctional copies of Jabber client given that these 4.6GM package only works on MacOS 10.7 or lower. Everyone we know is not running 10.8 or 10.9...with 10.10 awaiting release for the fall :/

JB

I'd like to bump this..

I'd like to bump this...anyone from Cisco watching this thread? I'm representing the City of Toronto on this request and would love to have an answer...some external clients can't call us due to this problem.

Downgrading the Mac client results in the client malfunctioning as 4.6 no longer works under 10.8 or higher.

The app should only prompt for an upgrade if the version posted is *higher* than what the user/client is running. After that, it should go without saying that the current release be posted so that everyone is running most recent stable release, and older versions posted as well for users who might be running older OSs IF there are problems running the newest client.

So annoying to have to click

So annoying to have to click "ask later" to a request to downgrade the application which if allowed to work would brick the application and to which if you even accept and download will fail to install with a cryptic 'couldn't install because don't have permission to "T"' error.  What is there not a "Don't ever ask me to install this version again" or a simple "Don't check for new versions" checkbox in settings.  

Instead, Jabber interrupts me 50 times a day with a beep, a bouncing icon and I have to click 'Ask later'.  Please for the love of electrons stop being the most annoying application in my taskbar.  Thanks.

Same issue here.  I've had

Same issue here.  I've had this pop-up showing since upgrading to Mavericks and installing 4.7.  I'm on 4.8.6.18185 now and I still get the same message.  It re-appears every time Jabber's connection is interrupted, even for a second.  Please fix this!

Jabber updated message and Version info

This issue isn't limited to

This issue isn't limited to Macs.  I'm running Jabber Video on a PC running Win 7, and it's been doing this since I installed 4.8.8.

Resolution would be nice!

Cisco Employee

Everyone,This issue is now

Everyone,

This issue is now resolved.  We have upgraded the Jabber Video version to 4.8.8 for this service.  You should no longer see the upgrade pop-up for the older version.

Regards,
Jason

Views
Helpful
Replies