Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install Jabber 4.4 or Movi 4.2

I tried installing Jabber 4.4 on my home PC to use the free jabber.com service but like many others Jabber 4.4 needs "up to date" graphics drivers.  So I upgraded to the latest graphics for my card.  The PC is Win 7.  Even after that 4.4 would not run.  So I decided to try Movi 4.2 and register to my work Expressway.  After uninstalling 4.4 and installing 4.2, once the installer gets to the "Welcome to the install shield wizard for Cisco Telepresence Movi" screen....it says please wait and the Next button is greyed out...only the Cancel button is bolded.  The install goes no further.  After cancelling the task and going into the control panel to try and uninstall and start over, I noticed that Movi (and Jabber) were not in the installed programs list.

looking for help on either getting Jabber 4.4 to work with my video drivers or being able to install 4.2.

thanks

Everyone's tags (6)
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Kyle,

Your best bet is to un-install any instance of jabber and download the generic version of 4.4 on cisco.com.

Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence (Movi) - 4.4.3.14479)

For the internal parameter on the setting - put this link in -

https://sjc1-movi-pr-bootproxy-vip.stg-ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration

Rick Mai

Is there an uninstall or clean up script available?    As I stated above, when I went into Windows Control panel to uninstall the program was not present.

Cisco Employee

Hi Kyle,

If not, you should be able to install the client since it's already removed.

Rick Mai

Hence back to my original message.  When I try to do the install it hangs at the "Welcome to the install shield wizard for Cisco Telepresence Movi" screen.  There must be a reason it's not installing.

Cisco Employee

Kyle,

1. Check on the app/system/security log to see if there's an error on the installer.

2. Make sure that your virus scan is not blocking the application.

3. Do you have administrative right to install?

4. If you're familiar with regedit, delete the key -

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco\JabberVideo and try the install again.

Rick Mai

I am also having this problem. 

When I try to install it stops on the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence.  The dialogue box halts there and flashes periodically.  Nothing happens until I force close the app.  I have tried the solutions offered here, but none work.  No log file is generated, and there is no record of a previous installation. 

Assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content