Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cant make calls and receiving calls but not connecting

Hey Guys,

a client using the default jabber for video settings can receive calls but the calls not connecting. The reason why i know is because i made a call to that user and he answer but the call didnt connect.

When the user make a call it shows as if its dialing but the call is actually not ringing out.

Any ideas please

Please rate the post

Shibly Ibrahim

Please rate the post Shibly Ibrahim
Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Cant make calls and receiving calls but not connecting

Hi Mohamed,

The issue is pointing to your PC.  It's unable to send data.  You say that another machine on the same network can call out to the same remote end with no issues?  Please confirm.

The messaging below shows that your PC is unable to send the traffic, or it's sending the traffic but not receiving a response.  This activity is indicative of security in place blocking the connection.  Whether that is a firewall, proxy server, or locally installed security software, I cannot say.  I only see that the handshake does not complete.  Make sure any packet inspection or virus detection on your firewall is disabled, and run another test.  Maybe this PC does not have the same open access your other PC has, just a speculation.

From SIP Debug

2013-10-18 16:24:35,710 DEBUG PID 4136 TID 5772 SIP

connhandler_sendRawStun: unable to send data to socket, gwGlobal 20

From ICE Debug

2013-10-18 16:34:40,500 DEBUG PID 4136 TID 5772 ICE

<42> mismatched transId rec: 00..0d, exp: 00..74 discarding, msgType AllocateErrorResponse

<19> IN <-- TimerRetransmit (state WaitAllocRespNotAut)

2013-10-18 16:34:40,501 DEBUG PID 4136 TID 5772 ICE

<19> 00..9d Retransmit initial allocateReq Retry: 5

Hopefully there is enough information to isolate what is causing the issue.

Regards,

Jason

10 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohamed,

There is definitely a firewalling or networking issue on your client's end.  First make sure there is no double nat setup.  If that is removed or not a factor, then please have your client verify the following ports are allowed outbound:

Make sure your client's firewall also has SIP ALG disabled.  If there is any web filtering or traffic analyzing done, I would recommend disabling or reviewing to see if there is any Cisco Jabber Video traffic being dropped when trying to communicate back to the PC.  This traffic will need to be allowed if it's dropped, which should resolve the issue if this is the cause.

Regards,

Jason

Hey Jason,

Thanks But it doesnt seem like a firewall issue because another machine at home connected to the network works fine and it seems to be only this pc

Please rate the post

Shibly Ibrahim

Cisco Employee

Hi Mohamed,

If another PC on the same network connects calls fine, then I would start comparing the two.  Do they have different AV software, different security software, etc?  Have you tried disabling or uninstalling any of it to verify they were not doing the blocking?  It's definitely PC related based on the information you provided.

If all this checks out, please run the following debug and send me the results via a private message so I can review.  debug instructions are attached.

Regards,

Jason

Hey,

Thanks. Appreciate your help. Please find attached the logs.

Please rate the post

Shibly Ibrahim

Cisco Employee

Hi Mohamed,

Can you add another line for debugging please?  Follow the same instructions provided, but you will add the below since there is no line for it.  Save the file, then open Jabber Video and make a couple test calls.

[ICE] Debug

Please remember to undo the settings or these logs will continue to collect data causing the files to grow.

Jason

Hey,

Thanks here you go the debugs with the ICE          

Please rate the post

Shibly Ibrahim

Cisco Employee

Hi Mohamed,

The ICE logs didn't take.  Is it possible to enable the ICE debug again and then reboot?  I may have provided the wrong lines.  Your ICE debug command should look like this:

[ICE]

Level = DEBUG

After the reboot, please run through a failed call scenario and send the logs again.  Sorry aboutt his.

Jason

Hey Jason,

no worries I did type the correct as what you have mentioned.

Weird it hasnt logged. Thanks

Please find attached the log

Please rate the post

Shibly Ibrahim

Cisco Employee

Hi Mohamed,

The issue is pointing to your PC.  It's unable to send data.  You say that another machine on the same network can call out to the same remote end with no issues?  Please confirm.

The messaging below shows that your PC is unable to send the traffic, or it's sending the traffic but not receiving a response.  This activity is indicative of security in place blocking the connection.  Whether that is a firewall, proxy server, or locally installed security software, I cannot say.  I only see that the handshake does not complete.  Make sure any packet inspection or virus detection on your firewall is disabled, and run another test.  Maybe this PC does not have the same open access your other PC has, just a speculation.

From SIP Debug

2013-10-18 16:24:35,710 DEBUG PID 4136 TID 5772 SIP

connhandler_sendRawStun: unable to send data to socket, gwGlobal 20

From ICE Debug

<42> mismatched transId rec: 00..0d, exp: 00..74 discarding, msgType AllocateErrorResponse

<19> IN <-- TimerRetransmit (state WaitAllocRespNotAut)

2013-10-18 16:34:40,501 DEBUG PID 4136 TID 5772 ICE

<19> 00..9d Retransmit initial allocateReq Retry: 5

Hopefully there is enough information to isolate what is causing the issue.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for all your help.

Before i posted on this forum, i suspected the windows firewall so i disabled it but it didnt help.

But today i thought of enabling it after looking at your above post.

It helped then it asked me firewall permission which i said yes and it all worked.

Thanks Appreciate your help.

Please rate the post

Shibly Ibrahim

Views
Helpful
Replies