Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Jabber Video for Telepresence and Jabber.com

Before I do something ill advised just want to check something.

Can I install separately both the Cisco Jabber Video for Telepresence (MOVI) for my VCS environment and the jabber.com application on the same PC?

I know that I probably could not run them both at the same time, like I can not have both CUPC and Jabber for Windows at the same time.

Will installing the one overwrite the other?

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (2)
2 REPLIES

You can have both "free" and "enterprise" versions installed on a Mac.

If you already have "enterprise" version installed on a PC, and you install the "free" version, the registry settings will be changed and server setting locked to

https://sjc1-movi-pr-bootproxy-vip.ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration

when you install the "free" version, so ,no, you can't have both versions installed on the same PC.

You can change the registry settings so it's not locked to the Cisco server, but then you might as well just have the "enterprise" version installed and just edit the internal server settings to use the above URL if you want to make it behave as the "free" version.

There's no difference, clientwise, between the two, the server settings determines which server it will register with, and provisioning settings will change accordingly.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Cisco Employee

Hey Richard,

Not sure if you've seen this or not, but you can have the enterprise client installed and then populate it with the Free Jabber config manually.  It won't give you simultaneous applications, but you can update your settings as needed if you want to swap between connecting the enterprise jabber client to your company's infrastructure or the Free Jabber cloud infrastructure.  Instructions are found at this thread: 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3740350#3740350.

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies