Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Waiting for Confirmation

I was using JV for TP to test calling into our CUBE which I am working on.  Was able to direct dial the SIP address and get connected last week.

Somehow today the JV for TP seem to have changed (needed re-login, unable to dial out to a SIP address).  I needed to add a contact before I can dial out.  How do I get pass this contact confirmation step and test calling into our CUBE ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi Chanty,That is not a

Hi Chanty,

That is not a feature at all for this software or this service.  I have used all versions from 4.6 thru the latest 4.8.8, and what you are explaining is not coming from the @jabber.com free beta service.  I can call to/from a MAC/PC, those accounts are not in the favorites/contacts list, and can reach each other.

Have you tried this on another computer to compare results?  Have you uninstalled/reinstalled the client?

Whatever you are experiencing is not a result of this service.

Regards,

Jason

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Chanty,Are you using the

Hi Chanty,

Are you using the free Cisco Jabber Video beta service to test, or just the Jabber Video for TP software client registered to your infrastructure for testing?

The reason I ask is because this forum is for support on the free service only.  The software client support is at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5886/telepresence, which is where you can ask your question there.  

Otherwise, there was an issue today with the beta service that may have caused this.  It's resolved now and should be working.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason, Thanks for reply.

Hi Jason, Thanks for reply.  I am using the free service.  I just logout and login again, still unable to dial out (contact awaiting confirmation).  How do I get past that step ?  Is the Cube supposed do any confirmation ?

Cisco Employee

Hi Chanty,I do not believe

Hi Chanty,

I do not believe this is something on the software client side.  This has never come up before.  I am not familiar with CUBE, so I recommend posting your issue here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5886/telepresence

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason, Thanks for reply.

Hi Jason, Thanks for reply.  However, my problem is that the JV for TP does not have a way to dial out, I don't find the dial pad anymore.  Only able to call from Contact list but adding a contact to the contact list needed confirmation.  Is this a new limitation for JV for TP - that the far site needs to be an Expressway to confirm the contact before I can call ?

Cisco Employee

Hi Chanty,That is not a

Hi Chanty,

That is not a feature at all for this software or this service.  I have used all versions from 4.6 thru the latest 4.8.8, and what you are explaining is not coming from the @jabber.com free beta service.  I can call to/from a MAC/PC, those accounts are not in the favorites/contacts list, and can reach each other.

Have you tried this on another computer to compare results?  Have you uninstalled/reinstalled the client?

Whatever you are experiencing is not a result of this service.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason, thanks again for

Hi Jason, thanks again for your insight.  

Per your suggestion, I installed JV for TP on Win7 laptop and it works (able to dial out).

My problem was with JV for TP version 9.3.9 (running on iPad iOS7.1.2).  I just re-installed it and test again - its now working.

Thanks  much.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content