Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dial in to Manual TP Bridge

I am trying to use Jabber for Telepres 4.4 to dail into a manual bridge number and receiving a dial fail message saying "call denied".  How can this problem resolve?

Thx, Corinne

Everyone's tags (4)
5 REPLIES

Very hard to say with this amount of information.

Can you call other numbers? Are you sure you put the correct dial string? Could also be a problem with call rules in the VCS.

You could send me the logs

Jabber Video 4.3 and newer:

~/Library/Logs/Jabber Video/

Windows Vista/7, Jabber Video 4.3 and newer:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Cisco\JabberVideo\Logs\ (hidden folder)

Zip the logs and send them to me and I can have a look.

BR

Johan

Hi there, thanks for the reply.  To give more content I just dial in the 8111xxxx or 8112xxxx.  Do I need to dial in with an email string?  I print screen the way I dial in the number. 

As the matter fact, I tried with userid@jabber.com which works well.

I want to clarify, where do you retrieve the logs?

Thx much!  Corinne

Hi

When you are registered @jabber.com and you dial 811.... without domain suffix, you are trying to call 811...@jabber.com. If this is a Cisco bridge you need to append @cisco.com

If the call is denied it is probably because there is a deny rule (or lack of allow-rule) in the VCS that this bridge is registered to. I will try to follow up this with the right people.

I assume you can call users@cisco.com ?

BR

Johan

I am having the exact same probem.  I cannot call from my ciscojabbervideo.com account into a Cisco bridge number.  I can set up an instant bridge and have it dial my ciscojabbervideo.com account.

It would help tremendously to have this capability.  We advertise ciscojabbervideo as a way to communicate with customers.  However, the inability to have customer join a bridge is problematic.  Additionally, for those in Cisco who do not have an EX60 or EX90, the ability to use a home computer for video, and their laptop for WebEx, would be extremely useful.

Cisco Employee

Hi

Calls from the Free Jabber Video client service (ciscojabbervideo) to Cisco, including Cisco TP bridges have been blocked by Cisco IT.

If you are a Cisco employee and wish to avail of Jabber Video [Movi] , you need to request the on-premise Cisco IT hosted version at http://getvideo.cisco.com.

Raj Iyenger is the Product manager for the service and may be able to advise on the reasoning behind this

thanks

Damien

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content