Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

graphics driver not recognized by Jabber Video

I have encountered the error "New features in this version of Jabber Video are not supported by your computer's graphics driver. Update to the newest graphics driver available and run jabber Video again."

I am attempting to run Jabber Video on Dell Inspiron 1545, Windows 7 64-bit, Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset. The system (device manager->display adapters->driver) thinks it's running driver version 8.15.10.1994, but in fact it's running 9.1.1.1019. Here's another data point: when I tried to update the driver, it tells me that I had version "9.2.0.1025", which is a non-existent version of the driver, BUT the release date of the previous driver happened to be 9/25/2010...so there's a bug somewhere in the Dell system setup (perhaps the customized OS?).

None of that would help me, of course...but I'd like to know if there's a way to tell Jabber Video what version of graphics driver to look for when I set it up? Or perhaps to tell Jabber Video where to find the actual driver?

Thx in advance!

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES

Re: graphics driver not recognized by Jabber Video

Karen,

Have you solved this problem?  We have been running Jabber/Movi for a couple of years on the Inspiron 1545.  It has been working fine up to 4.2.  We were trying to upgrade to 4.4 and had the same problem you are having. 4.4 would not install.  The release notes in 4.3 or 4.4 say nothing about updated graphics requirements so I am not sure what could of changed.

Any Cisco advice?

THanks

Re: graphics driver not recognized by Jabber Video

John,

No & nothing from Cisco. I really think it's a Dell thing because I am able to run Jabber almost successfully on my Lenovo E430 (almost because sometimes the video would freeze -- but good enough that I can work with it). But try to get customer support for Dell...ha!

Dare I say it...Google+ Hangout has worked for me and is less buggy.

Karen

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content