cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cisco Employee

H323 / IP Calling

HI All,

Hoping someone can help me out.

We're trying to use Cisco Jabber Video for a large meeting. There is a bridge but it is currently only reachable via IP/H323. Every time we try to call this bridge using the IP we get a "Call Failed. User not found".

Is the client enabled for H323/IP calling or is it pure SIP only?

Thanks,

Justin

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES

Re: H323 / IP Calling

You can dial IP addresses by prefixing the address with anything@, but SIP must be enabled on the box you are trying to connect to. If it has only H.323 enabled, then you're out of luck. (It's a SIP client, so yes, SIP only).

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Cisco Employee

I was really hoping that wasn’t going to be the answer. I know the client supports H323 with infrastructure, so I was hoping it was going to be a checkbox or a pattern. Guess that won't be the case.

Thanks Jens!

Re H.323 through infrastructure; there's a difference between  "enterprise"aka "onprem" JabberVideo and this "free" version of  JabberVideo though, you are not getting these mixed up?

H.323 is done through interworking on VCS for the  "enterprise" version, whereas I don't believe Cisco has interworking  enabled  for the "free" version.

However, that is really a moot point since both versions are using the same SIP client.

/jens

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content