Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber 4.6.3.17194

Just attempted a Jabber launch with V 4.6.3 and recevied the following message on my Windows 7 Sony Laptop:

"New features in this version of Jabber video are not supported by your computer's graphics driver.  Update to the newest graphics driver available and run Jabber video again"

Update states I'm running the latest drivers.

How do I access an older version of Jabber that is compatible with my laptop?

10 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Jabber 4.6.3.17194

Hi Chris,

Depending on what service you are using, will depend on which version can be used.  If you are using the free Cisco Jabber Video Beta or Cisco Webex Telepresence cloud services, then this is the supported version.  If you are using a different service, then you can get the different versions from cisco.com's download site.  However, I recommend you upgrade your video driver.  You first need to know the brand of your video card. 

Go to control panel --> Device Manager --> Display adapters

Here is where you will see if you have an Intel, nVidia, ATI, or some other brand of video card.  You should also see a model number as well.  Go to the manufacturer's website and search there for the latest driver.  Usually, drivers on the site are more recent that Microsoft updates or any update tools.

Once this driver is up to date you should be good to go.  If not, then it's possible your video card is not supported.  You can attempt an older version, but keep in mind those are no longer supported if you experience other issues.

Regards,

Jason

Jabber 4.6.3.17194

Looking into this now.  Thanks Jason.

Jabber 4.6.3.17194

Jason,

Just installed all the appropriate driver updates without success. Can you tell me where I can find an earlier version of the free Jabber client?

Cisco Employee

Jabber 4.6.3.17194

Hi Chris,

What service are you using?

Jabber 4.6.3.17194

By service you mean which Jabber version?  The Free Jabber client for windows registering to

https://boot.ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration

Cisco Employee

Jabber 4.6.3.17194

Hi Chris,

Not sure what you will have access to, or if any previous versions are available to you, but here is the cisco.com download link.  The versions may or may not be on the left hand side.  This is the only way to get previous versions.  If there are not there, it is because they are no longer supported and available.

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283613653&softwareid=280886992&release=4.6.3.17194&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest&i=rm

Regards,

Jason

Jabber 4.6.3.17194

Jason,

Went to the trouble of searching on Sony's support site for a new driver instead of relying on the update tool.  Downloaded, installed, and Jabber is running.

Add another notch to the learning curve.

Thanks!

Chris

Cisco Employee

Jabber 4.6.3.17194

Hi Chris,

Glad you were able to get it to work.

Enjoy!

Jason

Jabber 4.6.3.17194

Always have!  Have a great weekend.

Jabber 4.6.3.17194

hello jason and audette,

i downloaded the same jabber video version. but i don't have any informtions about the external server and the SIP domain.

i can't insert any informations inside the field. Can you help me please?

thank you

aida

Views
Helpful
Replies