Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jabber fo Video Login Issues

All Jabber users cannot login

Receiving the below messages.

The Jabber Video used is 4.6 (4.6.3.17194), the internal server used is https://boot.ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Getting a message that states

Getting a message that states:

"Login failed due to registration failure.  If the problem persists contact IT support."  I'm using the same internal server.

17 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Getting a message that states

Getting a message that states:

"Login failed due to registration failure.  If the problem persists contact IT support."  I'm using the same internal server.

Cisco Employee

This issue is resolved.

This issue is resolved.

I am still getting the same

I am still getting the same registration failure message.

I'm still experiencing this

I'm still experiencing this as well.

I am getting the same message

I am getting the same message.

Cisco Employee

Hi Alexander,The registration

Hi Alexander,

The registration issues are resolved and have been.  Please make sure these users uninstall Cisco Jabber Video from their computers and install from the website ciscojabbervideo.com.  If they are using any other version, it's possible the internal server setting may not be correct.

The internal server should read: https://boot.ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration

If they are seeing a password issue, then please make sure they only use the first portion of their video address without the @jabber.com as their username.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason,I'm getting same

Hi Jason,

I'm getting same issue. I've reinstalled Jabber, internal server is correct and I've tried to log in both with entire user (user+@jabber.com) then only username.

but I still get same message. No luck to connect.

Login failed due to registration failure. if problem persist contact IT support.

is there any other tip?

thanks a lot for your answer in advance.

thanks

Manuela

Cisco Employee

Hi Manuela,It sounds like you

Hi Manuela,

It sounds like you may be hitting a firewall issue.  Have you attempted to login from other networks or home?  Also, are you using Windows or MAC OS?  If Windows, you may need to reset the Windows firewall to default to rediscover the services for Cisco Jabber to be allowed through your machine.  There can be several issues here, but I do not suspect an outage as there are no other reports coming in.  

Please check into these things, and if all else fails, we can always reset your account.  You just need to private message me with your email address used for this service.

Regards,
Jason

Receiving the same error

Receiving the same error message here on multiple user machines.  Any word from Cisco or any place where we can look to find out the status of this?

I also am receiving the same

I also am receiving the same message:

"Login failed due to registration failure.  If the problem persists contact IT support." 

Cisco Employee

Engineering has resolved this

Engineering has resolved this issue as of last night.  I am able to still login this morning.

Jason

We suggest some customers to

We suggest some customers to download Free Jabber Video Client to call our TelePresence system.
Some customers told us that login is not possible after registration. They are sure to use exact login information.

Is there a problem with new registrations?

Cisco Employee

Hi piaforupdate,The

Hi piaforupdate,

The registration issues are resolved and have been.  Please make sure these users uninstall Cisco Jabber Video from their computers and install from the website ciscojabbervideo.com.  If they are using any other version, it's possible the internal server setting may not be correct.

The internal server should read: https://boot.ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration

If they are seeing a password issue, then please make sure they only use the first portion of their video address without the @jabber.com as their username.

Regards,

Jason

I have just reset my password

I have just reset my password thinking I had forgotten it but still can't get logged in. I also have another user who has just created a new account and can't get logged in so this issue has either re-occured or it hasn't been resolved fully yet.

Cisco Employee

Hi Rwstewart1980,What is the

Hi Rwstewart1980,

What is the error message you are receiving?  Also, have you ever been able to login before?  Check the internal server to verify that is correct.  If you did not download the software from the ciscojabbervideo.com site, then this could be the issue.

Also make sure you are not including the @jabber.com into the username field.  Only the first portion of the video address is needed as the username.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,I am seeing the same

Hi Jason,

I am seeing the same error as daniel.bustos's first post in this thread. Both myself and my other user carried out a fresh install yesterday from ciscojabbervideo.com.

I've checked the server and it matches what you have stated it should be.

When logging in I only used the first portion but did also try all options just to make sure I wasn't doiing something wrong.

Regards

Roray

Hi I am getting this issue

Hi 

I am getting this issue too. Is anyone else still having the problem?

Thanks

Lee.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content