Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber Telepresence to Codian 4305

Hi....trying to connect to a Codian 4305,  using the downloaded client, We usually connect  via an external IP address using H.323 or SIP.   Does the Codian somehow have to be regesitered with the Cisco Jabber server to allow this? 

To date our video infrastructure consists of Polycom units connecting to the Codian. If the above is not possible, what is the minimum infrastructure required to enable the use of the Jabber Telepresence client?   Thanks.   ---- L

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hey Lawrence,

The codian does not need to be registered with the Cisco Jabber server. You should be able to dial the sip uri or IP address to connect to the conference on the codian from the Jabber Client just as you would from any other external endpoint dialing into the conference.

You can also dial the IP address from the Jabber client as you stated above that you do sometimes from other endpoints.

To dial by IP address Using Cisco Jabber video for Telepresence:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/articles/cisco_telepresence_movi_call_ip_address_kb_472.shtml

How to call an IP address using Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence

To call an IP address, use the format jabbervideo@>. For example, to call an endpoint registered to the IP address 10.47.27.27, dial jabbervideo@10.47.27.27

Note: Some endpoints require a username when they receive a call. To call these endpoints, use the format @, where is the username of the person you are calling.

After fooling with this for a week, I’ve managed to make some point-to-point calls, with the following observations:

1. The Mac client simply crashes when it attempts access the built-in iSight camera on my vintage Macbook Pro (2008) or my iMac (2009-ish),both of which run the latest Mac OSX Lion. Other testers have reported that it works fine using Snow Leopard (i.e. the previous version of OSX). So, Mac testing is deferred for the moment.

2. The Windows version works fine with Windows 7, on several different platforms including a Dell laptop with built-in camera running Windows 7, and another Dell desktop and our DocBox running Windows Embedded XP with a Logitech Orbit camera.

3. As yet, I’ve not been able to successfully connect to our Codian MCU using either SIP or H.323. WTF? using the instructions cited by Adam...i.e. jabbervideo@ 

4. The client will successfully negotiate firewalls when calling point to point.

Lawrence,

I also have not been able to connect to any H.323 devices when using the free Jabber client.  I'm able to connect fine to other users@jabber.com using the free Cisco cloud server.

-Lucas

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content