Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber Video is NOT transmitting video.

Having no video being transmmited while using jabber video client on all known Jabber Video versions.

The Model of Laptop is a Samsung 680Z5E, ATIV BOOK 6, Windows 8 Enterprise

HD Webcam integrated.

The hardware driver that is being installed is a microsoft base driver.

WebCam SC-10HDP12631N dated from 2006-06-21.

I have contacted the suppliler about this issues and was instructed that this is a known problem that CISCO is aware and will be address in the 4.8 version. I have not read about that resolution anywhere.

Was sent a reghack that gave some lesser quality video.

The reg key modification was in regards to the ResolutionPreferences.

Made a change from High to Medium or Low.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco\JabberVideo\"USERSINFO"

Would like to know if others are having the same issue and if there will be a fix for this.

Everyone's tags (1)
12 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

This issue was confirmed and is slated to be fixed in the 4.8 version.  No ETA on this since version 4.7 is still being worked on at this time.

Regards,

Jason

What are the recomendation for a work around solution?

Is there a link for a beta version of 4.8 to use or test?

Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this.  You could try to update the video card driver from the manufacturer's website.  That may resolve this issue, but if that does not work then the camera is the problem and you will have to wait for the release.

Jason

Re: Jabber Video is NOT transmitting video.

Hi Michael,

Is there a bug ID or a cisco doc that confirm that ?

Regards,

YM

Bronze

Hi,

bug ID is CSCuf34508

workaround:

use an usb/external camera

regards, Ahmad

if this answered your question, please rate the answer.

Hi Ahmad,

thank u for your answer, some symptoms looks like those i have but not all. for exemple point to point call from jabber client using lenovo T420 enbeded camera works fine. however during a conference call to an H323 MCU, the Jabber client does not send the video stream and the camera is not detected by the software. I looked into Jabber log files and i discovred that when a conference call is initiated i get in GStreamer file the folowing error :

decoder_h263 [taah263dec.c(640), taa_h263dec_handle_errorstates()]-> H263DEC: decoding failed (H263_DEC_ERR_TOO_BIG).

I tested also with an external camera but it is the same no video during conference calls.

I will be thankful if some one can help.

Regards

Cisco Employee

Hi Yamen,

If you are using the free Jabber Video (@jabber.com) service, h323 calls are not supported.  That explains the error.  If you call a SIP MCU, do you experience the same error?

Jason

Hi Jason,

thanks for ur reply , regarding the software version I am not using the free one. I am using version 4.6. I did not try with a SIP MCU , this is a little bit difficult to change MCU setting in a production environnement.

Best regards,

YM

Cisco Employee

Hi Yamen,

Since you are not using the free @jabber.com service, then that negates my original response.  You might be better off opening a TAC case for your issue since this forum is only for issues surrounding the free Jabber service.

Regards,

Jason

Hello Ahmad!

It seems to be that other laptop (also got a report of a MacBook with Bootcamp) have similar issues.

Selfview works fine, the call not, sometimes changing the bandwidth settings seem to help.

Using an external camera is not always an option.

As the bug CSCuf34508 itself shows status "fixed".

Will there be a updated JabberVideo version addressing this issue and when will it be available?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I can confirm that this is an issue for at least 2 new Dell Latitude models, and most likely the rest of them as well.

Seems Jabber is unable to auto-lower the resolution below HD for these webcams.

This measn that you need at least 1,33Mb/s upload to be able to transmit video.

Having to wait a year for a fix for this would be unaccepptable. Hopefully Tandberg/Cisco will start taking Jabber seriously, and do updates more often.

They are years behind on Android support, while the competition has been offering it for a long time...

Forgot to mention that the models that i can confirm have this issue are Dell Latitude E7240 and E7440

Views
Helpful
Replies