Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber Video (update from Movi)

Hi

The Movi telepresence software that my colleagues and I have been running for video calls and video conferencing has recently changed to Jabber Video, which we were aware would be happening.

However, since the change there is one difference that is noticeable between the two systems.

With Movi, we could see the 'presence' of the individuals tagged as favourites from the Movi screen.  So, if I wanted to speak with one of my colleagues I could see quite quickly whether they were logged in or on a call.  This feature appears to have disappeared with the move to Jabber.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Is this something that can be changed somewhere in the settings?

Regards,

Nigel

1 REPLY

Can you confirm that you are

Can you confirm that you are actually using the "free" version which is hosted by Cisco with address format username@jabber.com (whis this forum is for), or are you using a company "enterprise" version (which this forum is not for)?

It's just that the "free" version has never supported "presence", and the version change from Movi to JabberVideo happened a long time ago.

Last version of Movi was 4.2, and if my memory serves me correctly, jabber.com was launched with the very fist JabberVideo version which was 4.3.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Views
Helpful
Replies