Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

Macbook Pro - Discrete graphics invoked when not in call

Not sure if this is the best place for a feature request / suggestion - but it would be good to only invoke the high performance graphics chip in mac's with dual graphics (using a mid-2012 retina MBP).

This is a killer for me and its the only thing stopping me having jabber video open when my computer boots (and running all the time) - nvidia chip just eats too much battery.

Otherwise the client worked flawlessly so far, and looks great! Tested on Cisco internal network to a EX90 and between computers and worked great.

Cheers,

Aaron

• Jabber Video Support
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Aaron,

Not sure if you have upgraded to the latest version of Jabber Video 4.6.3, but the issue goes away after this.  If you are still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

Jason

Cisco Employee

Hi Jason,

I have downloaded the latest available version from ciscojabbervideo.com which is 4.6 (build 17194). The issue is still there, the nvidia GPU is activated as soon as the program is launched.

Cheers,

Aaron

Cisco Employee

Hi Aaron,

To most users, this process is seemless.  This is not something controlled by the Jabber client.  In this case, your nVidia GPU is preferred because this is the primary video adapter for the MAC, and not the onboard Intel GPU.  The only way to control this yourself would be to get a 3rd party app, but you risk all other apps to most likely invoke using the Intel GPU once that is performed.  In conclusion, there is no way around this since the nVidia is the primary GPU for your MAC Pro.

Regards,

Jason

Views
Helpful
Replies