Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MacBook Pro Webcam Not Found

I just downloaded version 4.6 (that's the version that was sent to me by email link) and it won't recognize my built-in webcam on my MacBook Pro.

Is there a newer version of the Jabber Video software I should be downloading?

• Jabber Video Support
2 REPLIES

Not sure if you're still

Not sure if you're still having this problem, but the only version I've got to work on my MacBook Pro is Jabber 4.8.8. No other version has recognized the computer's webcam. I'm not planning to update until I can confirm newer versions work.

I have seen this problem

I have seen this problem under two different scenarios.  First time was when I tried to load jabber on my mac.  All I got was a greenish screen.  After doing some research, I discovered that the same kind of problem occurred with Skype users and it was associated with photobooth. So, I stopped photobooth and the problem went away.

The other situation was when some of our users upgraded to Maverick.  So, the older version of Jabber would not work (camera would not work).  So, we got a newer version of jabber for mac and the problem went away.  

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.