Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

My webcam dosen’t work on my new computer

I have used Jabber for a while on my HP Elitebook 8540w. Now I have a new computer HP Elitebook 8470p. The webcam works on the computer, but when I open Jabber it does not work. The name of the webcam on the old computer was HP Webcam [2 MP Macro]. The name of the webcam on my new computer is HP HD Wecam [Fixed]. This two computers have the same image and Windows 7, so I'm wondering what I have to do to get the webcam to work?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Steph,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the webcam will not work?  Can you take a screenshot and provide the non-working experience?

It's possible that the video card driver may need to be updated from the manufacturer.  If you have an Intel, Nvidia, or ATI, you will need to visit their website to get the latest driver.

Regards,

Jason

My webcam in Jabber looks like this

My web cam on my computer is OK and looks like this

Cisco Employee

Hi Steph,

Can you go to the Quick Setup and verify which camera is selected?  You can get there by clicking on the wrench and screwdriver (settings) icon.  If the camera is selected then this is a known issue, and there is no workaround at this time.  The expected fix for this will be in version 4.8, which has no ETA for release at this time.

Regards,

Jason

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content