Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

No video or audio for new Jabber Video users

Hi,

I'm working as part of a team who have daily standups using Jabber Video.

Developers who made Jabber Video accounts a while ago are able to call each other, but the two developers who have made accounts in the last week suffer from the following issue.

When they join a call (1 to 1 or conference):

1. They receive video for ~5 seconds
  2. They receive no audio
  3. Then the video freezes and they are disconnected.

The other user does not receive any audio or video.

We've determined that this seems to be a fault on the account level -- using a different (working) account on the same machine does not result in the same issue.

We're using Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks,
Michael.

45 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

I have the same problem.

I have the same problem.  Customer just complained about no audio/video.   Then I tested a call using my old account and it works fine.   Setup a new test account and no audio/video.   

Looks to be a systemic problem on all new accounts.  Can someone please look into this ?

Victor

Cisco Employee

BTW - I'm using MacOSX  ver

BTW - I'm using MacOSX  ver 10.8 with Jabber Video 4.6 (17194)

I am having the no audio

I am having the no audio\video problem as well. It seems it works with old accounts but new accounts are having the issue. I can see me transmitting data but I am not receiving any.  Any updates? 

Cisco Employee

Hi leaderbeanjr,I am able to

Hi leaderbeanjr,

I am able to verify the issue.  This has been escalated to the engineering team to work on and resolve.  I will post to this forum once the issue is resolved.

Regards,
Jason

Hi,we have 7 newly registered

Hi,

we have 7 newly registered users since begin of this week. We experience novideo/noaudio issue for these new accounts. Novideo/noaudio on the side of the older user while 3 second video and then freeze on the side of the new user.

Could you deploy the "fix" once more, please?

Regards

Geert

Cisco Employee

Hi G Van Dooren,The new

Hi G Van Dooren,

The new account no audio/video issue has been resolved.  Please reply if you run into further issues.

Regards,
Jason

Cisco Employee

This issue is now resolved. 

This issue is now resolved.  It was working Friday, but did not get confirmation of the fix until today.

Based on my experiences today

Based on my experiences today, I would have to report the issue is NOT resolved.  We had two accounts created yesterday (5/15/2014) and one this morning and none of the new accounts works.  They have the same no video/no audio issue.

We tried OLD accounts on the video endpoints (Mac OS, Win 8.1, and iPad), and the video conference worked perfectly.  We did a simple logout and logged in with the new accounts and no video/no audio.

Cisco Employee

Hi Terry,I have Engineering

Hi Terry,

I have Engineering looking into this issue.  I'll let you know when it's resolved.

Regards,
Jason

Cisco Employee

All impacted subscriptions

All impacted subscriptions should now be working.  If they are not yet working, please allow a few more hours.  In any case, this will be resolved by close of business today.

Tested today with the new

Tested today with the new accounts and all seems to be working.  Thank you!

I had three new jabber.com

I had three new jabber.com accounts that were created from Friday through today that all had the same issue.  Internal corporate users do not have the problem.  So far just external candidates trying to connect remotely using jabber.com addresses.  I also setup a new account to verify for myself and it happened to me.  Looked through the TMS logs and nothing out of the ordinary (the calls look successful).

Seems like any new accounts

Seems like any new accounts that are being proxied via this sbc:

cjv-sbc-trunk-1.global.jabber.com

Can it be investigated?

Hello there, I'm having the

Hello there, I'm having the same problem. An old user (created around 6 months ago) is working fine, but a new user (created on March 10th 14) is not working. For TelePresence solution the screen locks and get no video/audio with a black screen and an error message (no incoming video / not receiving audio). In the case of Jabber to Jabber connection, the video runs around 3-5 seconds an locks the screen followed the samet error message (no incoming video / not receiving audio). Already swap computers and confirmed that the old user is working great, but the new one is not enable to attend video conferences. I've attached a file with the scenario. Any news or solution for that? Is there anybody from Cisco following this topic?

Tks in advance.

Hi all,Thanks for the

Hi all,

Thanks for the confirmation. I've raised a support ticket. Will keep you informed.

Michael.

Any chance you got info back

Any chance you got info back from Cisco on this?

I've heard (indirectly) that

I've heard (indirectly) that this is being investigated -- afraid I haven't heard any more than that.

Cisco Employee

This has been resolved!!see

This has been resolved!!

see this posting:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11489991/no-recieve-video-or-audio-new-jabber-accounts

This is still happening as of

This is still happening as of Mar 31, 2014.  I just created a new account  first.last@jabber.com and when I connect to a system, I don't get video and audio.  Other people with older accounts still work fine.

I created today a new jabber

I created today a new jabber account and i am still facing the same problem.

My systems setup is Jabber 4.8 (build 4.8.5.18088) on MAC OS X 10.9.2

Any change to have a solution from Cisco fast ?

Thanks

Friday, May 16th, I read post

Friday, May 16th, I read post from jhirdler the issue was resolved.  However, we had two people create new accounts on Thursday, May 15th and they experienced the exact same no video / no audio issue as stated above.  We tested the same video endpoints (Mac OS, Windows 8.1 and iPad) with Old accounts and they worked perfectly, but definitely NOT with the new accounts.

Please revisit this issue with Engineering.

Any news on this front?Same

Any news on this front?

Same issue here, 2 new accounts created but no audio or video for any calls.

Cisco Employee

All impacted subscriptions

All impacted subscriptions should now be working.  If they are not yet working, please allow a few more hours.  In any case, this will be resolved by close of business today.

Same issue for new user id

Same issue for new user id created yesterday and today. My own "1 week old" id works fine when connecting with another "old" id (apart from quality going up and down), but when trying to connect my old id with a new user id:

* They get to see me 5 seconds before video freezes, and hear "Hello.."

* I get "No incoming video" and "No receiving Audio".

Activating the self-view improves quality on the old accounts but doesn't help with the new.

Cisco Employee

Hi G Van Dooren,This should

Hi G Van Dooren,

This should now be working again.

Regards,
Jason

Cisco Employee

Hi all, I have one SR

Hi all, I have one SR 630972667 on TAC Cu is facing the issue when connect to free jabber, can you give an status of the issue only happen with free jabber

I really do appreciate your reply

MR

I confirm - the issue with no

I confirm - the issue with no incoming video/ not receiving audio for new jabber accounts still persists. 

Cisco Employee

Hi MR,I read your SR for your

Hi MR,

I read your SR for your customer.  This forum is for the free Cisco Jabber Video beta cloud service only, it is not for the support of the Movi software specifically, which does not have any audio/video issues at this time.  Your customer is using the software to register to their own VCS infrastructure, which is not supported here.

The community you are looking for is here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5886/telepresence

Regards,
Jason

Cisco Employee

Hi Jason. Thanks for your

Hi Jason.

Thanks for your reply

The CU is facing the issue no media, just with the free jabber, internal and external of the LAN. If the CU dial with his own end points to free jabber face the issue, if use just free jabber internal and external, the issue happen, ONLY happen with free jabber

So the issue point to free jabber

MR

Views
Helpful
Replies