Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

'@' not allowed in username

I just registered and received my welcome email instructing me to sign in usign my email address.  When I attempt to do this, I receive the following error: '@' not allowed in username.

Any ideas?

loginafail.PNG

Everyone's tags (1)
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I think you just need to use your username without the @domain.name.

E.g. jdoe@cisco.com would mean you use jdoe as the username and then fill in the domain name servers section where you put in your domain name, in the above that would be cisco.com

Re: '@' not allowed in username

Log in can be either e-mail address, username@jabber.com, or just username; i.e. "joe@mail.com", "joe@jabber.com" or "joe".

Domain name, or any other details such as servers cannot be edited/added/changed in any way without going through the registry hacks mentioned in other posts.

There is no need to enter domain anyway as these accounts are locked to the jabber.com domain.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Well I have the same problem, I cannot login to Jabber with an @ in the user name, avoiding the @ and just use my user name without @jabber.com it fails to login to server.

Any other ideas?

Hi Tim and Lars,

Usually this issue is caused if your client is not configured to point to the cloud service -- in other words, you may have a prior installation of Jabber Video or Movi that is pointing at an on-premise service.  You can verify this by going into Preferences and checking the Internal Server setting.

To resolve this you may need to uninstall your client and reinstall the one downloaded from ciscojabbervideo.com.

Hope that helps,

Raj

Thanks Raj

I did not tell you the entire story, I have only problems with the MAC jabber client and the '@' in the username, on my windows client jabber runs perfect, so it is a MAC jabber problem. I did re-install the jabber client twice and always it claims that @ is not allowed in a user name. Using the userame without @jabber.com does not work either. My mac is running Mountain Lion.

Thanks again for any advice

Lars,

Hi Lars,

What is your internal server setting under preferences, on the Mac client?  Just want to rule out anything obvious. 

Thanks,
Raj

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content