Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Preview Window and Conference Window are white

I recently needed to change an installation to a Dell Optiplex 755. I had already updated the video driver. The Jabber installation went fine, but when inside the contact/favorite list there is a preview button for your video. When I select this, only a white box appears. When on a conference, the same occurs when attempting to view the conference party, a white screen.

If I were to go into settings to pick the video camera, the preview there works perfectly fine. Kind of puzzling to me. Any thoughts?

I've checked and made sure Active X is version 8 or higher.

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Robert,

How was your graphic driver updated?  The updates must come from the manufacturer like ATI, nVidia, or Intel.  If these do not work out, I am sure Dell can assist you with getting the latest driver installed.  Please recheck this as only outdated drivers cause this issue.  Make sure the driver has at least a date of 2013.  Anything earlier could be the reason why your self-views are not working.

Regards,

Jason

Thanks for your reply Jason, but the last update for the video card was in 2009 and has already been applied to the system.

Cisco Employee

Hi Robert,

That means you need to visit the manufacturer to get the most recent driver.  If you are unsure where to get this, Dell can assist you with downloading and installing this.  You will not be able to see video from the Jabber Video calls without the latest driver.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Hi Jason,

Did you ever get this resolved? We are seeing the exact same issue with a few of our users and are trying to figure out what the problem could be.

--Fouzan

Cisco Employee

Hi Fouzan,

Hi Fouzan,

The video card must support OpenGL 1.2 or newer.  OpenGL is usually what causes this problem.  A Windows update check usually does not work.  You need to go to the video card vendor's site, like https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ for Intel as an example.  

Regards,
Jason

Hi Robert,

Hi Robert,

Did you ever get this issue resolved? We are facing a similar issue and are trying to figure out how to fix it.

--Fouzan

Views
Helpful
Replies