Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

settings for e20

Hi,

can I use jabber video on an e20.

I was trying to use the setup wizard and I selected the Cisco VCS option.

What do I enter as the external manager.

From the jabber client settings it is

https://sjc1-movi-pr-bootproxy-vip.ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration

• Jabber Video Support
4 REPLIES

settings for e20

Hi John,

No you cannot use Jabber on an E20. Jabber Video works on most Mac and Windows computers with a webcam,  through an Internet connection that can sustain video traffic.

Thanks,

-Bill

settings for e20

can the jabber account be used on any video endpoint or only with the jabber software.

I thought it might work on an e20, because they can be provisioned from TMS.

Cisco Employee

settings for e20

Hi John,

This is specific for Jabber registering to the cloud.  You need a different jabber version for VCS registration.

Rick Mai

settings for e20

Hi,

I have a movi/jabber environment and VCS control and expressway. I was experimenting with this beta.

I have a requirement for third parties to videoconference endpoints/movi registered to VCS. For most of the users ciscojabbervideo is perfect but there are a few that have there own video endpoints and I didnt really want to provide service to them from my expressway.  I have tested other sip registrars such as clearsea, life size.

Since endpoints like the e20 is affordable for most small businesses, it would be nice to allow video endpoints register too.

Most small business couldnt justify the spend on the engineering time to setup TMS, VCS control and VCS expressway never mide buy the hardware/licenses.

I manage a large video environment and I have even deployed skype gateways to allow skype users talk to our standards based environment. However the video calls are still limited by the abilities of the skype codecs

I use movi on a daily basis its a fantastic piece of software, the codecs are excellent and if you have a good PC/camera and a resonable internet connection the quality is far better than skype.

Ciscojabbervideo is a giant step in the right direction in that it brings standards based video within the reach of individuals and small business.

I know its in beta but I do believe if you allow it to be used with some video endpoints it will become a real alternative to skype, as long as its free.

Even though the app is free cisco will still gain. The more video is carried on LAN's, WAN's and the internet will require more routers/switches and endpoints

Sorry for the rant, but I do believe this is potentially a game changing opertunity for cisco.

John

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.