Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to install Cisco Jabber Video in Windows 8

When I attempt to install Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence (version 4.6 and 4.7) in Windows 8, I get the following error message:

telepresence_error.PNG

The error says: "The wizard was interrupted before Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence could be completely installed. Your system has not be modified. To complete Installation at another time, please run setup again. Click Finish to exit the wizard."

The error occurs for 4.6 and 4.7. What can be done to resolve this issue?

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jhirdler,Just after I sent

jhirdler,

Just after I sent out a notice to our application packager of your response, he responded that he installed Jabber Video for TelePresence on a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1 and he said it worked just fine. I guess it is one of those "do, then ask" things.

Paul

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unable to install Cisco Jabber Video in Windows 8

Hi Robert,

Is Windows 8 on a Surface Tablet or desktop/laptop?

• If Tablet, this platform is not supported.  No ETA on when a version will be released to support this.
  • If desktop/laptop, then you need to update your video driver by visiting the website of the manufacturer, i.e. Intel, nVidia, ATI, etc.
    • The latest video driver cannot be obtained by using the Microsoft update tool.  These drivers are usually generic and/or not the latest.
  • Once installed, this error should go away. 
  • If installed and you still get the error, then this means your video card is unsupported and you will not be able to use this software.

Jason

I'm not finding info about

I'm not finding info about the support of Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence on a Windows Surface Pro 3 either. The latest software release of 4.8 does not mention the hardware platform at all. Please post a link to a support doc or software download when posted or found.

Paul

Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,Unfortunately, there

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, there is still no support for the Microsoft Surface tabs.  No ETA on this development ether.

Regards,

Jason

jhirdler,Just after I sent

jhirdler,

Just after I sent out a notice to our application packager of your response, he responded that he installed Jabber Video for TelePresence on a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 8.1 and he said it worked just fine. I guess it is one of those "do, then ask" things.

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content