Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.
Cisco Employee

Unable to login to Jabber video from PC

I am unable to login to Jabber Video (version 4.6.3.17194) from my PC (Windows 7 - 64bit). I use my login without any @emailaddress or

@jabber extension. I did reset my password before. My login does work from my Jabber Video iPad client. Any suggestion what may be the problem ? Thank you.

11 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Alexis,

Please reach out to me when you have a moment.  It's possible you may have downloaded the wrong client, which may have changed out some of the settings.  If that is not the case, then we may need to reset your account.

Regards,

Jason

Cisco Employee

A reinstall of the software from ciscojabbervideo.com resolved this issue.

hello everybody,

I download jabber video from ciscojabbervideo.com. But i can't change the settings in external server and SIP domain.

How can i do?

thanks

AIda

Cisco Employee

Hi Aida,

The settings are locked down since they do not need to be modified for the Cisco Jabber Video beta service.  Are you looking to change them for a different service?

If so, you will need the enterprise version, which can be downloaded from the following link:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283613653&flowid=26381&softwareid=280886992&release=4.6.3.17194&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Jason

Re: Unable to login to Jabber video from PC

thank you jason hirdler for your help.

Actually, i just want to call from my pc or smartphone my SX20 and vice versa, using jabber video beta.

We don't have any CUCM, TMS ect.

This is the settings i have in my jabber video (beta). When i make call, it doesn't work.

Cisco Employee

Hi Aida,

In that case, your issue is different.  Your SX20 needs to be registered to a SIP SRV domain.  The Jabber Video client cannot dial H323 clients.  It can only dial a SIP URI based endpoint.  Not sure how your SX20 is setup, but if it is a standalone endpoint then this will not work for you.

If your SX20 is registered to a VCS, then your VCS may need a valid trusted CA cert from one of the authorized vendors at this link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-23938

Regards,

Jason

Hi Aida,

If the SX20 is a stand-alone, and it has a public IP address, and SIP is turned on - then you can dial the SX20 using this JabberVideo beta service by using a small work-around.

Let's say the IP address is 123.123.123.123, the you dial can something like a@123.123.123.123 - it doesn't matter what you put in front of the @ sign, i.e. you could use something like mysx20@123.123.123.123 to easily identify it in your contacts list.

You will also be able to dial your beta JabberVideo client from the SX20 as long as it has software version TC4.2 or later, without being registered to a SIP server - call protocol must be SIP though.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi Jason,

I reinstall the software from www.ciscojabbervideo.com, but didn't solve the issue. I even try to reset my password ! Please help :-(

Greg

Hi all,

The only way I found to resolve the problem, is by connecting myself from my home :

- From my coporate site: I got the "login failed" message

- Behind a VPN connection: I got the "login failed" message

Hope this help !

Greg

Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

The issue will be different for everyone.  Your issue happens to be your corporate firewall blocking the needed ports to use the service.  Others can have local PC issues, account issues, the wrong Jabber Video settings, or router configuration issues.

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason for your answer.

It's appreciate !

This is what I suspected(firewall problem), but the error message has me confused !

Regards,

Greg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content