Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Using Cisco Jabber v.9.6 with jabber.com account

I have been using Jabber Video for ipad with jabber.com login credentials - e.g. not connected to a corporate telepresence server.

Now that Jabber v.9.6 (universal iphone + ipad) app has been released, how so I use that with my jabber.com login? It seems to only accept corporate telepresence and Webex account logins.

Everyone's tags (5)
5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Richard,

This version may be TP enabled for the iPhone, but this service is not yet supported on this device.  There are no plans to enable this device for this service at this time.

Regards,

Jason

Community Member

Hi Jason,

Which service are you referring to, when you say "this service is not yet supported on this device"?

Do you mean that the "Jabber Video for TelePresence" service I can use on my ipad is not available via the Cisco Jabber v9.6 app on my iphone?

Cisco Employee

Hi Richard,

That is partially correct.  The service offering from www.ciscojabbervideo.com will not work on the iPhone device as it does on the iPad; even when using the Cisco Jabber v9.6 app.  Other telepresence services may work.  Just not the one servicing the @jabber.com domain. 

Regards,

Jason

Community Member

Hello JHIRDLER, I'm having

Hello JHIRDLER, I'm having the same problem with iPhone and iPad (after upgrating the app to version 9.6). I always used Jabber on iPad. The first time I opened the version 9.6 it gave me some basic instructions and I clicked on Start Now. I filled my jabber id (www.ciscojabbervideo.com) and clicked on Continue buttom (it didn't request any password). The app tried to search services and failed (erro: it was not possible to find the network service, send a problem report). After that, the app gave me 2 options t select: WebEx Messenger ; CUCM IM Presence. I already tried in both ways with my user and password, and in the second option I filled the jabber internal server (https://boot.ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration) but didn't work. Pls, give us a light about this. Nobody on the internet knows about it. Tks in advance. Phelipe.

If you are using the "free"

If you are using the "free" JabberVideo service (jabber.com) hosted by Cisco, then you need to use the JabberVideo app and not the Jabber app. If you look in iTunes app store, you'll see two apps; "Jabber for iPhone and iPad", and "JabberVideo for iPad". You want JabberVideo for iPad which can be used with both the enterprise (on-prem) version as well as the Cisco hosted jabber.com version.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content