Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Video keeps changing during a conference

I have an external USB camera (Logitech V-UBM46) selected for use with jabber 4.7 on a MacBook Pro.  It seems to work fine, but during video calls, it will sometime shift back and forth between 4:3 and 16:9 or else it seems to be zooming in and out - I can't always tell which it is doing since I am trying to concentrate on the call and not my own video.  It sits at one setting for awhile and then suddenly switches to something else, so the people receiving the call see this changing image when I am not doing anything on my side.  Is this a known behavior and is there any way to disable it?  I don't see anything in the preferences that would control this behavior.

Thanks,

Rick Klaus

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Video keeps changing during a conference

Hi Rick,

Have you tested with the iSight embedded MAC camera?  Does it exhibit the same behavior?  We do not have controls for aspect ratio, screen size, and zoom with this software.  Do you know what your upload bandwidth is? 

Have you tried run a speed test?  If your bandwidth is fluctuating because of usage, this will cause the people you call over this software to also experience what you are describing.

Things to keep in mind:

download bandwidth = controls the video quality received by the person you are calling, keep in mind their upload bandwidth also needs to be within parameters

upload bandwidth = controls the video quality you send to the person you call, which also has a dependency on their available download bandwidth (most issues are with upload though)

Hope this was helpful.

Regards,

Jason

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content