Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

What are the sign-in settings for Jabber?

Firstly, I do not have a business account with Cisco.

We have downloaded the desktop Jabber program.

I have now registered an account with Jabber and an account with Cisco.

When I open Jabber Video on the desktop, it asks for a username.

What is the Jabber username? The email sent to me from Jabber states: "Sign in with your email address or jabber email" - but this is not the username, because the program will not accept an @ sign in the username field.

I have tried the username that I signed up to Cisco with - this is not it either.

I see a notice stating "Connection rejected by server. Try logging in again"

On the Jabber start up screen, I see "Sign-in settings". When I open this window, all fields (Internal Server, External Server, SIP Domain) are blank. Why are they blank? Could this be the problem? Are the data for these fields to come from my side or from Cisco?

Unfortunately, Cisco tech support won't take my call because I do not have an account and therefore cannot set up a "Tech Support File".

Appreciate all feedback.

thanks

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Stephen,

To login, the internal server should be: https://boot.ciscojabbervideo.com/endpoint/configuration

The external server and domain fields are blank.

Your username only needs the prefix of your @jabber.com video address.  For example, if your video address is stephen@jabber.com then your username is "stephen."

Unfortunately, there is only forum support for this free service.

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason - I was having a similar problem and this solution worked for me.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content