Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

10 Cisco 3560 routers with Standard Image & RIP V2

Hi,

We are going to implement 10 sites with 10 3560 L3 switches. Ijust want to ask is that all the switches have Standard Image and I am going to use RIP V2 for routing. Will I face any issues? Thanks for all the help.

Regards

Sarfaraz

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 10 Cisco 3560 routers with Standard Image & RIP V2

According to below link, the RIPV2 is supported but not mentioned in SMI or EMI. However, I believe SMI support RIPv2 as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5528/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080509b84.html

If those 10 sites will not require to communicate to other devices w/ non-RIP or static route then it is fine.

Can you tell how to inter-connect 10 sites ? Via a router or Metro Ethernet ? If there is a router in front of the switch, the RIPv2 will communicate to the local router only and the major route exchange will be carried by the routers. Please advise more info. if there is any question.

Hope this helps.

Hi Sarfraz,

SMI images supports only Static routes and RipV1/V2. You will be fine with it.

-amit singh

Dear Amit,

You have been great, thanks for the great helpful replies dude..keep up the good work.

Dear Sarfaraz,

Thanks for appreciating the efforts. Its great to see that you are getting benefited every time when you are here with your questions. This is one of the great forum where you can come in any time with your problem and we guys will be able to put our efforts to solve it.

I would request you to become a frequent visitor here on this forum and enhance your knowledge.

HTH,

-amit singh

Views
Helpful
Replies