Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

1000v VEM not in VSM

Need help, have a single host that refuses to register his VEM in VSM, I can see him in show svs neighbors and all other servers went in although a couple of them we had to do more than once but I have all indications it is working, have correct license, sees him, pings him, everything looks fine but from timeto time just get the message:

N1KVSM-B# 2012 Feb 10 15:45:32 N1KVSM-B %VMS-5-DVS_HOSTMEMBER_INFO: A host with  name=[ky-dc1-esxi13.cajones.local] and  uuid=[00000000-0000-0000-8000-0025b5010019] is added to the dvs. The host is not  found  as a module in the VSM configuration

So I even added him to the VSM configuration statically as VEM 7 the next available and nothing.  Please help !

Dave

1 REPLY

1000v VEM not in VSM

Well I think I found it, still confused a little but appears licensing.  They purchased 6 licenses so that means 6 cpu's right ??   they have 4 VEM's registered, each has 2 CPU's it says 6 licenses in use, 2 overdraft, I assume over draft covers those extra 2 ??   so last VEM cannot register cause no licensing, could say that.....sound right ?

I am fuzzy on whole licensing when comes to over draft etc..   Provided to prevent disruption based upon number of permanent you purchase....what is that number

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content