cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1000v VEM not in VSM

DAVE GENTON
Level 2
Level 2

Need help, have a single host that refuses to register his VEM in VSM, I can see him in show svs neighbors and all other servers went in although a couple of them we had to do more than once but I have all indications it is working, have correct license, sees him, pings him, everything looks fine but from timeto time just get the message:

N1KVSM-B# 2012 Feb 10 15:45:32 N1KVSM-B %VMS-5-DVS_HOSTMEMBER_INFO: A host with  name=[ky-dc1-esxi13.cajones.local] and  uuid=[00000000-0000-0000-8000-0025b5010019] is added to the dvs. The host is not  found  as a module in the VSM configuration

So I even added him to the VSM configuration statically as VEM 7 the next available and nothing.  Please help !

Dave

1 Reply 1

DAVE GENTON
Level 2
Level 2

Well I think I found it, still confused a little but appears licensing.  They purchased 6 licenses so that means 6 cpu's right ??   they have 4 VEM's registered, each has 2 CPU's it says 6 licenses in use, 2 overdraft, I assume over draft covers those extra 2 ??   so last VEM cannot register cause no licensing, could say that.....sound right ?

I am fuzzy on whole licensing when comes to over draft etc..   Provided to prevent disruption based upon number of permanent you purchase....what is that number

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card