Views
Helpful
Replies

100FX SFP on 3560 switch

khalil.abuasal
Level 1
Level 1

hi:

i have a 3560-24TS switch, i want to make an FX connectivity with another switch over multimode fiber cable, so i bought the GLC-GE-100FX= SFP since cisco says that this SFP provide 100FX connectivity for gigabit ethernet interfaces, buti can't get the link up, and when i type the command:

sh int gigabitethernet 0/1

i get a result that the switch recongnizes the SFP as 1000BASE-SX and not as 100BASE-FX, so i wonder if any one can help me with this case

thanks

3 Replies 3

cietele
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem try to install GLC-GE-100FX in 3750G.

Fot the moment I have no solution... help! :)

jeffs454
Level 1
Level 1

We have used several of these GLC-GE-100FX= in our 3750-48TS switches. the only thing is that when we installed them we had to lock the port duplex to full in order for it to "talk" to the 2950C we had on the other end. Had to do nothing to the speed just the duplex.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

my problem is not the duplex.

In my 2950 I have only FA ports 100 Mbps

In my 3750G I have these GLC that are working only at 1000 Mbps.

I must connect GLC of the 3750 to the FA of the 2950. For this reason I must set the speed of the Gigabithernet within the 3750 to 100. But is not possible ( only " nonegotiate " command is supported ).

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card