Views
Helpful
Replies

1700 router problem

buluk3333
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

When i configuer my 1721 router, I got this error when I configuerd Ethernet interfaces please help :-

*Mar 1 03:03:25.927: %PQUICC_ETHER-1-LOSTCARR: Unit 0, lost carrier. Transceive

r problem?

4 Replies 4

Hello Ahmed,

this is not really an error, it just tells you that there is nothing physically connected to your Ethernet interface. As soon as you connect another device to that Ethernet interface, the message will disappear. You can also get rid of it by configuring the interface with the 'loopback' interface command, which puts the interface into up/up status...

HTH,

GP

Hello GP

I don't know how thank you, but realy thanks a lot, this gift for you, please visit this site and may you read this article

http://discover.islamway.com/articles.php?article_id=20

Ahmed

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

this is because that your ethernet cable is unplugged & thatz the reason you get this message. try connecting this ethernet cable on to the router.

hope this helps.

rate this post if cleared.

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

The error message, %PQUICC_ETHER-1-LOSTCARR - means that the Ethernet 10BASE-T cable is unplugged, so it is better to check if the cable was loosened or is unplugged.

***** Recommended Action:Reconnect the 10BASE-T Ethernet cable.If the cable is not unplugged might i suggest that you check the integrity of your cables.Means check whether cable is plugged in the correct interface or not.

hope it helps you.

Thanks,

satish

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card