cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1811 Router - can't access SDM or connect

Charlieak
Level 1
Level 1

New router that was tampered with and will not provide IP address to open SDM. Manual IP does not work either. Tried console port and username and password are not the default. How do I get this thing back to the default? Is there a file I can download and reload into it?

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Charlie

Try to reset the password by taking the router to the factory defaults..

You can refer the below link and follow the procedures mentioned in it for the same..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_password_recovery09186a0080094773.shtml

once you are done with recovering the password and revert back to the old config.

regds

Tried that but the router came up with do you want to do the basic config. I said no and could not access except through the console port. Restarted router and said yes and went through the procedure to enable SDM access. The only way I could get in was to enable an IP on one of the WAN ports... How do I get the router to let me use one of the LAN ports and use SDM to set up the router? Is there a file that I can download that will set this up in the config I need - at least the base config- I need load balancing/failover two adsl configuration on the WAN ports and fixed IP on two LAN ports one to my building switch for all the users the other to the wireless bridge to the other building.

Should I set up others to feed the server and a separate one for management? What us best practice here?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card