cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1921 intermittently rebooting

Simon Jackson
Level 1
Level 1

we recently got a 1921 router to use as demarcation between 2 sets of users, brand new. took it out of the Box, connected up power and console and switched it on. took some show techs and show runs for future investigation.

A couple of minutes later it rebooted itself, and then again 5 minutes or so later. powered it off as i was getting annoyed with it. powered it on today again, and in 1 and a 1/2 hours it reloaded 6 or 7 times, once whilst i was in the middle of something.

IOS is c1900-universalk9-mz.SPA.153-3.M.bin

are there any commands i can use to diagnose why it continuously rebooting? energywise is disabled, as is scheduled reloads.

4 Replies 4

It could be a harware-failure, but first I would change to an IOS-version that is known to be stable. I would try 15.2.4M5 or 15.1.4M7 and see if the problem is still there. If yes, open a TAC-case.

It was a hardware failure and was replaced...

Sorry for the delay.

what does it show in the show version as the cause ? is it just power-on or does it give a different output like a traceback output

Hello

Check for a crashinfo file in the flash and if there is one open it up and see if you see the reason for the crash

Show flash:crashinfoxxxxxx

more flash:crashinfoxxxxxx

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card