Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2 ISP's Using a LinkSYSRouter in front of a ASA5510

We purchased a LinkSysRouter (model RV016). This router supports multiple ISP's, failover and load balanceing automatically. We also have and use a Cisco ASA5510 as our comapanies firewall with 3 ethernet interfaces. How would I configure the ASA5510 and RNV016 if I connect the LinkSYS Router on the outside inteface of the ASA5510. Since the ASA5510 doesn't do load balancing for 2 ISP's or routing we figured this should solve our problem. Thanks in advanced.

2 REPLIES

Re: 2 ISP's Using a LinkSYSRouter in front of a ASA5510

See if the linksys has some sort of bridged mode allowing you to specify a public (with secondary) to the WAN port of the ASA. If it doesn't have a bridged mode, you are going to have a heck of a time with any sort of NAT.

My advice is to use your ASA to identify interesting traffic to be directed out either one of the two ISP interfaces.

Re: 2 ISP's Using a LinkSYSRouter in front of a ASA5510

Jason,

I was told by Cisco people the ASA5510 would not do load balancing between 2 ISP's......only failover. Is this not the case?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content