cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 route-maps in same direction per bgp nei?

lgontarsk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it legal to have 2 route-maps in the same direction for the same BGP neighbor?

Thanks

LisaG

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Lisa

I do not believe that you are able to have two different route maps for a single BGP neighbor in the same direction. Would you be able to configure a single route map that includes the logic of the two route maps?

Perhaps if you explain more about what you are attempting to accomplish we might be able to identify alternatives.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

CSCO10892433
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, lisa

AS Rick has pointed out, only one route-map per neighbor per direction is allowed. But Cisco IOS has provide a new feature called "BGP Route-map Continue" which make it possible to comibine several match-set pairs and more than one matches can happen in just one route-map.

Have a look:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6566/products_feature_guide09186a00801a7f7a.html

HTH

SSLIN

Hi Lisa,

As SSLIN pointed out you can use the continue keyword, but in my experience using it is a rare case, as you can always work every thing out with multiple route-map statements, so as Rick has said, if you explain more about what you are attempting to accomplish we might be able to give you some recommendation.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi, Mohammed

You are right. When I study this BGP new feature, I just wonder, in what situation, I must use this feature or I won't do the job. Maybe it's just a feature to make configuration more convinient?

Best Regards

SSLIN

Hi SSLN,

Yes you are totally right, i think this command was introduced to give you the flexibility in the logic you use a route-map, and as you also said i don't think that there will be a case that you won't able to solve unless using this command.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card